Need your opinion on CB Controls

Thread: Need your opinion on CB Controls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm open to your idea....

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    As you may know we have been working on the integrated CB for the F6B and I am almost done but I was looking at adding the controls and if we go with OEM its going to be around $300 extra just for the buttons on the handlebars.

So I got thinking and it seems to me that pretty much once you set the channel and squelch etc you pretty much leave them alone (I am sure some will disagree) so they don't need to be on the bars so why spend the cash

I came up with this idea, on the finished item the buttons will be different colors for different functions you will note 7 buttons the extra will be for the power, PTT we are using the tried and trusted under the controls method

We will offer a version where you can use OEM controls but you will need to modify them yourself (We will give you the info its just cutting wires and adding a connector) we may offer this service

Anyway what do you think

I mostly ride with Goldwingers and we usually use only one channel (maybe the trucker channel on occasion) and very seldom use any thing else unless that channel has alot of traffic. I'm definitely open to your idea......

Keep us updated......and Thanks for the R & D

I'd be more than happy with the 'non-OEM' buttons for controls.

Pete, add me to the list of people who would be interested in non Oem controls. Like many peopleI ride with a couple of groups. usually use 1 or 2 channels. can always change off if necessary. I have a used Gl1800 cb. What would the new controls cost? Would they be plug & play? also, is there a CB antenna that would match the original f6b radio antenna? Thanks, ncf6b

The first batch we did I was not really happy with so at present we are just doing the OEM style but I will play some more see what I can come up with
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Add me to the list of people who are interested in an OEM CB. Thanks.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Ordered Mine....

Ordered my F6B CB Enable kit yesterday..........stay tuned.......

Pete I have purchased other items from you in the past and I'm super pleased with them. I plan on purchasing the OEM CB system as soon as I can get the funds. I would prefer everything to work same as OEM.
    I use my side pocket and would not want to give up the space for non OEM equipment.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.