Fitted Madstad

Thread: Fitted Madstad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rumble-b View Post
    I've ended up drilling the base plate and moving the brackets down 2". This gives me a better range of movement for seeing over the screen when lowered but still goes up above my line of sight when it is all the way up. Been for a ride and i'm very happy with it. No turbulence and i even like the look.
    Attachment 14576Attachment 14577
    By drilling 2" down, do the 2 bottom nylon lock nuts have clearance over the dash ?

Also wondering if the top of the black base could then be lowered by 2 inches in the center for better visibility (for those that are under 6' 4").

Got mine tonight and the shield's hole pattern is different than the robo-brackets so I can't finish the install.

While sitting on the bike, the knobs are on the inside and the windshield tabs are on the outside. If the knobs could be swapped to the outside, they would visually line up with the windshield tabs and increase visibility. Only have the obstruction on the outside, not both inside and outside. Also, having the knobs on the outside would allow use of both knobs simultaneously without having to cross your arms. Seems like some logical ergonomic mods.

Looking good Rumble! I take it it's a mild winter so far?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Looking good Rumble! I take it it's a mild winter so far?
    LOL Yes it's a mild winter by the standards of your U.S winters. Usually between 12 C ( 53 F ) to 17 C ( 62 F ) during the days with overnight temps of about 6 C ( 42 F ) to 10C (50 F ) We do get some rain though .

Oh, yeah that's no winter at all; just a respite from the heat

But, we get rain as well! That's winter right?