Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
What windshield did you guys have before the Mastad? I have the F4 Customs 14" (with the vent & med tint) and I am very happy with it but for the price the Mastad might be worth trying. There is always room for improvement as I do get weird air conditions occasionally and have very mild buffeting but that is rare.

I also like the dark tint look. I think they are recommending the 11" size for me 5'8" is this what you guys think I should buy from your experience.
So a 11" low dark tint windshield would take the look back closer to the stock look. (which is what I love but I need better air protection)

After you find your sweet spot do you ever change the position while riding (highway one setting / pull off on back roads and lower it)
I have a Givi Windbender on my 81 Honda CB750K and love it. The best thing I ever bought for that bike. It seems very similar to the Mastad.

How do you like the Mastad look compared to a fixed windshield?

If you get better performance the look has to be secondary in my opinion.
I am very close to ordering the Mastad windshield.
Steve
Howdy Steve,
I went from stock to Klockwerks 14" flare only to take it right back off as I'm to short (5'8"). I was looking right thru the flare thus giving me a fun house mirror effect. Not Good.

Then tried the BaggerShield, but again, I'm too short and the split was right at eye level. I do not like looking thru a shield so that was not going to work.

I hesitated on the Mastad simply because of the looks... didn't like it but kept reading how good the performance is. Now I'm a true believer of function over form! I'm back to a 1/2 helmet and I can hear the radio at Hwy speeds with no buffing. The split design all but eliminates the buffing. I have the 11" light smoke. I gotta admit I was worried when I put the mount plate on. It's solid black, no see thru so I was concerned about not seeing the nose of the bike. After 200 miles it's not an issue.

I have mine set just below eye level. I only adjusted the rake slightly from factory settings at first install and haven't had a need to mess with it since. I didn't go w/ the dark tint just because of parking lot issues at night. As I said I don't like to look thru a windshield and when I do need to (parking lot situations) the dark seemed to dark to look thru at night.

Hope this helps!
SmallPasture!