Windows 10 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

I'm one that's open to trying new things so yes, I am already registered to try it. Sometimes though, I do regret trying new things but then again, it's rewarding when it works.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Well what is the consensus for those of you that have installed this? Is it any good? Are there a lot of bugs or issues? Did you wipe the system before the install or did you do an upgrade? Is it worth my time to install and test?

I would say my two loves motorcycles and computers but that would be a lie. Computers just allow me to pay for the motorcycles.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    You need to build a VMware server and then you just create a Virtual Machine with any OS you like. Great for testing and training.
    Steve
    That's on the list...somewhere after "helibars."
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Nudder Mac guy here since 2010-- IMac PC, 2 Ipads and IP6 for me and IP5 for the wife. Old man machines. Can't deal with Windows frustrations anymore!
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here we go again...

Well, be sure to read up on the differences before you take the plunge. IIUC, Win10 omits quite a few things that Win7 users may miss.

I'll stick with Win7 for as long as it's supported.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Here we go again...

Well, be sure to read up on the differences before you take the plunge. IIUC, Win10 omits quite a few things that Win7 users may miss.

I'll stick with Win7 for as long as it's supported.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Been building PCs for 30 years, starting with an 8086 chip in 1984.
    My latest creation is a 5 year old Mac "Faux" running two quad-core CPUs, 16 GB RAM, dual 24" screens, and three 1 terabyte drives in a RAID configuration.
    I keep a Win7 machine handy for Quicken, because Intuit decided that Mac users don't invest money or bother to track their business money.

Win10 is starting to fall into the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" category. Win7 was stable enough. Not sure what Win10 is offering.

My advice is don't switch (I didn't use 'upgrade' for a reason) unless you realize a tangible benefit to doing so.
    Sounds like you have a 'Gaming' system.

I am running a dual boot on my laptop, Windows7/Xubuntu.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

Has anyone really read a Microsoft EULA ?
    If not, read the Windows 10 EULA, scary stuff.

I'll stick with my iMac. Never purchased any Anti-Virus product, never had a pop-up, never crashed, it just works.... and it's a late 2007 model.

Wow, never figured this many geeks on here! I knew I liked this place for a reason. I will probably upgrade my least used machine to Win 10 to check it out but not sure if there is any real benefit other than the fact that someone else in my extended family will do it and start asking questions I can't answer. I have used just about every OS out there over the last 30 years or so and currently work on 3 different versions of Windows, a Mac and two flavors of Linux. Of course that is why the computers are left home idle on weekends and the bike is running!

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Has anyone really read a Microsoft EULA ?
    If not, read the Windows 10 EULA, scary stuff.

I'll stick with my iMac. Never purchased any Anti-Virus product, never had a pop-up, never crashed, it just works.... and it's a late 2007 model.
    Since you mentioned it I took a look and I want nothing to do with it. I'm not keen on taking forced updates that can/may upset the operation of the computer.
    I'm working with Xubuntu as a back up I'm running 14.04.01 and what I like about it is that it has all the features I use; FireFox, Thunderbird, a word program and one for photo editing that I haven't tried yet.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.