Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Is this the same preloaded that is on a full wing with the added weight?

Any aftermarket items that could change this?

I cannot say with certainty that this is or is not the same, but the adjustment manner is completely different. On a GL-1800 Wing, you have two adjustment buttons, for a setting # 1, and a setting # 2. When you choose to adjust either of these setting, for example, setting # 1...you push that button for a moment, then push the up or down buttons to electrically adjust the rear shock pre-load. The range on that is 0 to 30. On all 3 of my previous full sized Wings, I always used a setting of 13 for a solo rider...setting # 1...and a setting of 22 for a heavier load...setting # 2.

And that is my point. On a full sized Wing, with a range of 0 to 30...I would use a setting of 13 as a solo rider, wanting to ride a sport mode bike.
On this F6B, with a range of 0 to 38 clicks...or 0 to 19 full turns of ther manual adjuster...I am set at 0...zero. I am set at the softest possible setting that can be made, and anything firmer is too firm for me. And...I ride the bike like it is a CBR600RR.

Whether Honda is using the same adjuster or not...and if they are...does it make a difference that the F6B uses a manual adjuster, whereas the full sized wing uses an electric adjuster...I do not know.

What I do know, is that there is a problem with these adjusters.