Backing up

Thread: Backing up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Choptop--Backing up on level ground, no problem! Backing up an incline...forget about it! To resolve this, just be aware of places you park. For example, don't pull into a parking spot that is going downhill. Instead, back into that spot so when you're ready to leave, you simply put her in first and take off. Sooner or later, you may find yourself in a situation where you need to back up and you just can't do it. I'd have to say though, if you're smart about it, that rarely happens and is not something to be concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Choptop--Backing up on level ground, no problem! Backing up an incline...forget about it! To resolve this, just be aware of places you park. For example, don't pull into a parking spot that is going downhill. Instead, back into that spot so when you're ready to leave, you simply put her in first and take off. Sooner or later, you may find yourself in a situation where you need to back up and you just can't do it. I'd have to say though, if you're smart about it, that rarely happens and is not something to be concerned about.
    Been riding a Harley bagger for a while, pretty conscious about how I park, but particular bike input is helpful. Thanks

Always park facing uphill.

Don't Back Up !