FOG LIGHTS - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FOG LIGHTS

Shooters look great. Anyone care to comment on the MP3 960's

My Shooters leaked/moisture build up inside the light since day one, beware of this possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRider View Post
    An open man hole..HOLY SHIT,.that must have hurt!!! Glad ur still able to ride. Thanks for the advice.
    Yeah, it did. This happened several years ago at Bike Week in Daytona. A few drunk guys removed a man hole cover and waited to be entertained by the unlucky soul who didn't notice the open hole. After all, a man hole cover is black and so is an open hole. I hit the hole right of center which violently full-locked the front end to the left but thankfully, I didn't go down due to the speed. The main injury was hyper-extension of the ligaments in my right arm by instinctively trying to hold the handlebars straight.

And just to respond a bit more to Miles and his advice to mount lights up higher to see the road better right in front...he may be right in his opinion that higher mounting works best but I have used lower-mounted lights, like the Motolights mentioned earlier, and that has given me everything I needed. Usually, these lights were caliper-mounted. On the F6B, I just completed installation of the 960's in the lower cowl. I haven't tried them out at night yet but based on my past experience, I'm sure they will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinF View Post
    My Shooters leaked/moisture build up inside the light since day one, beware of this possibility.
    I think as light manufacturers we have all had this issue I know we did on a batch of 960s and our factory addressed it I know Lewis has done the same with his product
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    I think as light manufacturers we have all had this issue I know we did on a batch of 960s and our factory addressed it I know Lewis has done the same with his product
    Pete, you are right, in that Lewis has come up with a foam gasket to install between the lerns, and the LED light itself. I had the same problem with mine, complained to him, he made the gasket, I installed the gasket, and now therer is no condensation that gets between the lens and the light.

Hornblower: "And just to respond a bit more to Miles and his advice to mount lights up higher to see the road better right in front...he may be right in his opinion that higher mounting works best but I have used lower-mounted lights, like the Motolights mentioned earlier, and that has given me everything I needed. Usually, these lights were caliper-mounted. On the F6B, I just completed installation of the 960's in the lower cowl. I haven't tried them out at night yet but based on my past experience, I'm sure they will work fine. "

First, and this is meant to be funny, not a bad attitude, BUT... it is not my opinion that the higher lights seen better into the road surface potholes and bumbs...it is a fact of life.

Second, you will find that your new 960 dual lights from BikeMP3 work GREAT at night. They are the brighest lights I have ever seen, or been blinded by. Do not look into the lights...you will not be able to see anything for a week. At night, the dual 960's are very bright, and light up the road.

[QUOTE=Hornblower. On the F6B, I just completed installation of the 960's in the lower cowl. I haven't tried them out at night yet but based on my past experience, I'm sure they will work fine.[/QUOTE]

So how did the install go? I am going to get these next month for my F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    So how did the install go? I am going to get these next month for my F6B.
    Without going into all of the details, I'll just say the install was successful. No doubt, there's a lot of light output, far more than most other available lights. I tend to be somewhat of a perfectionist, so the lower cowl went off and on several times as I adjusted the mounting brackets. In the end, the lights fit nicely into the irregular cowl openings and look good. In addition, the switch that comes with the kit fits perfectly into the radio panel. The entire setup is plug and play so compared to other more universal kits I've used in the past, this was quite convenient. In summary, I give this product a

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Without going into all of the details, I'll just say the install was successful. No doubt, there's a lot of light output, far more than most other available lights. I tend to be somewhat of a perfectionist, so the lower cowl went off and on several times as I adjusted the mounting brackets. In the end, the lights fit nicely into the irregular cowl openings and look good. In addition, the switch that comes with the kit fits perfectly into the radio panel. The entire setup is plug and play so compared to other more universal kits I've used in the past, this was quite convenient. In summary, I give this product a
    Thanks for your thoughts on them.I look foward to getting mine and installing them.