Tunes are getting close - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tunes are getting close

Did you read your owner's manual?

Look guys Seadog is old school, doesn't understand most this stuff. So reading the manual is confusing to us,it's Chinese to him! Take it easy on him and talk basics.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Look guys Seadog is old school, doesn't understand most this stuff. So reading the manual is confusing to us,it's Chinese to him! Take it easy on him and talk basics.
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I have no clue what to put in the left saddlebag to play music off of. Do you have to purchase an IPOD? Electrical stuff and myself are like dynamite and matches, we get together and its game over. I thought I was doing the right thing hooking up an MP3 player in the left cubby but now I am not so sure. What do you plug into the USB port that I didn't even know was there to play music with the controls on the handlebars?
    Haha. Well, let's dig in here my friend.

Here's the USB stick that I use... so I know this will work (Sandisk Extreme). The 32GB version will hold a ton of music and is only $25.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extrem...+flash+extreme

That's it. No trickery or magic. Find the USB plug in the saddlebag, insert this, press the AUX button on the audio panel, and you're in business.

Now that that's out of the way, the next thing to talk about are music files to copy onto the USB stick.

Honestly though, since you already have the mp3 player on the way, I'd give that a shot. I bet it'll work fine

It may even have a USB output, in which case you might be able to tuck it away in the saddlebag or the front cubby.

Kingston Digital 16GB DataTraveler 101 G2 USB 2.0 works great 9.99 at amazon, I tried 3 different
    brand before I found one to work with out having any problems the mp3 player is finicky about the device
    it will play.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Haha. Well, let's dig in here my friend.

Here's the USB stick that I use... so I know this will work (Sandisk Extreme). The 32GB version will hold a ton of music and is only $25.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extrem...+flash+extreme

That's it. No trickery or magic. Find the USB plug in the saddlebag, insert this, press the AUX button on the audio panel, and you're in business.

Now that that's out of the way, the next thing to talk about are music files to copy onto the USB stick.
    Yea that is easy enough, but my issue is the play list, I don't have any play lists. I'm looking for any 60s rock & roll MP3 music already in a prebuilt play list that I can just download. For me it is a pain in the azz to find a song download, convert, over and over and over and over. Somewhere on line someone must have prebuilt play list of various stiles of music I could just down load on a stick and plug & play, or maybe I'm being to simplistic.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yea that is easy enough, but my issue is the play list, I don't have any play lists. I'm looking for any 60s rock & roll MP3 music already in a prebuilt play list that I can just download. For me it is a pain in the azz to find a song download, convert, over and over and over and over. Somewhere on line someone must have prebuilt play list of various stiles of music I could just down load on a stick and plug & play, or maybe I'm being to simplistic.
    As far as I know Larry the USB stick won't allow playlists... but people are saying the iPod will. I've been considering getting one and trying it out but man they seem expensive.

Unless someone knows better, I *think* the best we can do with a USB stick is to create our own folders on the stick with categorized music in them. Just create a folder called "60s Rock" and copy your favorite 60's rock songs in there. You could do the same for "70s Rock" and even, God help us, "80s Pop", or whatever else

Then you can use the Honda audio control to do one of several things. You can tell it to play music sequentially or randomly from ALL folders... or you can select just one folder and have it play songs from only this folder. This is kinda the same function as a playlist, no?

Kingston Digital 16GB DataTraveler 101 G2 USB 2.0 works great 9.99 at amazon, I tried 3 different
    brand before I found one to work with out having any problems the mp3 player is finicky about the device
    it will play.

Sorry I did not know I posted twice tried to remove one of them but could not figure out how.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    As far as I know Larry the USB stick won't allow playlists... but people are saying the iPod will. I've been considering getting one and trying it out but man they seem expensive.

Unless someone knows better, I *think* the best we can do with a USB stick is to create our own folders on the stick with categorized music in them. Just create a folder called "60s Rock" and copy your favorite 60's rock songs in there. You could do the same for "70s Rock" and even, God help us, "80s Pop", or whatever else

Then you can use the Honda audio control to do one of several things. You can tell it to play music sequentially or randomly from ALL folders... or you can select just one folder and have it play songs from only this folder. This is kinda the same function as a playlist, no?
    Yea, I just don't have a list of songs to do that with nor the desire to go on line and pick each song then download. If I had a generic master play list of MP3 songs then I could just pull each song off and into the file on the stick...right? Years ago there used to be a peer to peer site you could do this with and I had a crap load of songs, but after a few computers I lost them, then around 2001 it got shut down, napster I think.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yea, I just don't have a list of songs to do that with nor the desire to go on line and pick each song then download. If I had a generic master play list of MP3 songs then I could just pull each song off and into the file on the stick...right? Years ago there used to be a peer to peer site you could do this with and I had a crap load of songs, but after a few computers I lost them, then around 2001 it got shut down, napster I think.
    As far as I know playlists don't actually contain music files, they only point your player to the music file. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you... I may not fully understand what you're asking.

I have a humungous folder on my computer with 25,000 music files (mp3's)... and not a single playlist. I use a free music manager called MusicBee to browse the files and I also use this to give each music file a rating... 5 stars for my favorites. All I do is copy the "5 star" files onto the USB stick, and that's it. Connect it to the bike and enjoy

It indeed can be one helluva big job to find, categorize, and copy music files in the organization that you want... but the bright side is this only needs to be done once. Thankfully! And since the Honda USB music player will only recognize 255 songs in any folder, it forces you to put your files in folders anyway.

Btw it'll recognize up to 65,000 songs on the USB stick, but with only 255 songs per folder, you may end up with a LOT of folders.