Guns, what sort of response - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Guns, what sort of response

Clyde Barrow walked right into the best gun control available in the U.S. a National Guard armory and came away with a Browning fully automatic 30-06.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Gun Control ,Hitting What Your Aiming At.

A Gun Is Like a Parachute. If You Need One, And Don't Have One,You'll Probably Never Need One Again.......Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Clyde Barrow walked right into the best gun control available in the U.S. a National Guard armory and came away with a Browning fully automatic 30-06.
    Yea in 1933 about 82 years ago......

The estimated total number of guns (both licit and illicit) held by civilians in the United States is 270,000,000 to 310,000,000 then add that the defense forces of the United States are reported to have 2,700,000 more.
    NO WAY anyone is going to control guns in the US to the point of removing or registering everyone of them, that's an undisputable fact!

Guns are like the weather...you can talk about them all day & night, but you're never going to eliminate them or control it in America.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

shooter
    Larry , you my friend are exactly right. This is one country where they ain't getting them.

+2
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Thanks for pointing that distinction out. Those numbers are for ALL gun related deaths, not specifically crimes. Even so, the all-inclusive ratios speak for themselves. The lefties spotlight the microbe, while ignoring the elephant.

Also, I personally take suicides (2/3rds) out of those statistics. If it is not a gun, it will be a bridge, train, cliff, drugs, razor blade, state sponsored euthanasia, BHOCare, belt, rope, huffing, suffixation, asphyxiation, etc.
    I believe suicide by gun is included in gun homicides as well. Something like 10K a year? Most killings are gang banger on gang banger.

Attachment 14857 Just a bit of information about guns, sort of, can't find 2015 but I'm sure its similar ...................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    My 26 y.o. unmarried son loves that website. I can't say i blame him.
    Pretty crazy stuff.

I'll add that it's interesting how compartmentalized this forum is.
    You're either a liberal wacko or a right-wing gun toting ultra conservative.
    You are either a liberal wacko or a normal person.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Is mainstream America similarly compartmentalized?
    Sure. BTW- we ARE a slice of the American public.

Libs with guns actually exist. Ultra-lib elitists are protected by high fences, gated communities and armed security. The lib movie stars, directors and producers have no problem exploiting guns and violence in their products while denouncing both. Hypocrisy is never a problem for libs.

Quote Originally Posted by cosborn View Post
    I recognise that you all have valid points and I'm not condemning anyone for that.

Randy, you made a good point about having my house broken into, and i guess i would do what i have to, to protect my family but that would not extend to the use of a firearm. This is just the way we have been conditioned to live here.

The chances of having my house broken into, unless i'm into drugs or a criminal are pretty low, however, having said that, I have had my house broken into while i was asleep inside. I woke up at about 01:00 hours one morning (my wife was at work Nursing) and my boys were asleep in their rooms, I noticed a figure standing by my bedroom door shining a small torch around the room, obviously looking for stuff. I lied there watching until i was well awake and trying to determine if it was one of my boys and then i hit the floor running, took about 4 steps and thought to myself, what are you doing, you're 63 he is probably fairly young so i stopped. He took off the way he had come through the backyard window never to be seen again.

I never once considered that he may be armed and in fact i have quite an extensive collection of swords and never gave a thought to picking one up.
    I called the local Police who arrived about two hours later and i said to them that the only reason i called them was for their statistics, anyway, nothing was taken.
    Suffice to say something like that tends to rattle you a bit, and from then on i have actually locked the doors before going to bed, never did in the past though.

Chris
    i would do what i have to, to protect my family but that would not extend to the use of a firearm.
    Then you aren't doing what you have to to protect your family. Like many families, you have decided you will not protect your home with a firearm. Hoping the intruder/attacker is not armed with a gun.

HOPE is NOT a strategy.

The chances of having my house broken into, unless i'm into drugs or a criminal are pretty low...
    Yet it has already happened to you. Criminals get guns if they really want them, and if armed with a gun and deadly intent, your family would be dead. Some don't want to lie there and wonder if they will be killed.

Include me in that. I hope that your "HOPE" strategy continues to work for you.

Hypocrisy at its best (against guns, endangers gun owners, have armed guards and won't post gun free zone signs on their own property):