I'm affraid to ride my bike now:( - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm affraid to ride my bike now:(

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    The section of freeway on I84 going through Boise is full of officers just waiting for anyone speeding as a word of warning to anybody passing through.

I ride through Boise several times a year, on Interstate 84, and when I do...as I read the signs..."I" go "84" mph through there.

I have not been stopped yet...but then again...I do use a Valentine 1 radar detector.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    I ride through Boise several times a year, on Interstate 84, and when I do...as I read the signs..."I" go "84" mph through there.

I have not been stopped yet...but then again...I do use a Valentine 1 radar detector.
    Haha well if you do go 84mph you better make sure you have it turned on because lately they have been patroling it well. Last week one day going to work I saw two cars pulled over and one cop on the side of the freeway. The city must be running low on cash.
    I do love having a radar detector for peace of mind.

Speeding

The great cook Justin Wilson said:
    3 old ladies were pulled over and the officer walk up to window and said to the driver " lady your driving 85mph" and she said "the posted sign said 85" and he said "your on Hwy 85 and why are all your friends look so shook up" she reply we just got off Hwy 125!

Thumbs up

Yes, I'm taking that one to court. He had his cruse control set at 70 and pacing the traffic. I got on the freeway about 4 car links behind him and in the span of 5 or 6 miles crept up on him to where I was right next to him at one point. As soon as my bike inched passed his car he turned on his lights. So it wasn't a speeding ticket actually it was a "disrespect" ticket.
    It's always a nerve racking moment passing a Cop car, you just don't know what they'll do but I guess he setting a trap for you!!!

I'm not sure if it had anything to do with him not showing up or not. But it was more about me crossing that line in the sand he had drawn in the front of his car and not speeding. His "do not pass this line" line. I disrespected that line even though I literally inched by him. I really expected a warning even though I had no idea why he turned his lights on in the first place. I just pissed him off and I don't think you can get a ticket for that.

Thumbs up

I'm not sure if it had anything to do with him not showing up or not. But it was more about me crossing that line in the sand he had drawn in the front of his car and not speeding. His "do not pass this line" line. I disrespected that line even though I literally inched by him. I really expected a warning even though I had no idea why he turned his lights on in the first place. I just pissed him off and I don't think you can get a ticket for that.
    You know I think you have hit the nail on the head, still, seems very harsh though

Try to get me now coppers!!!!!!!
    DSC01554.jpg

Looks like the Whistler detector I just picked up.

driving in boise

i agree,I love Boise but they are death on anything speed related and love there 35 mph 25 35 speed traps..
    i see bikes all over the place now that its warmed up and every one i talk to says the same thing...they hate washington place as much as california plates and the live for speeding tickets.
    good luck with your new toy Ghostrider....will be spending some time on amazon shopping for my next up coming trip...i have that fast black one!!
    be safe

That takes some balls passing a State Trooper higher than the posted speed. I have always driven slightly over the posted speed limit. In strange lands I slow down. I live between three counties and a lot of municipalities. If its a Sherriff or county mountie and he's out of his jurisdiction or a city out of their jurisdiction, I ask them if I'm being detained when they stop me if they say yes then I ask them what crime are they accusing me of. Basically, I don't give a poop about LE out of their jurisdictions.

But the thread makes me want to get my Rocky Mountain unit out of storage...
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt