Opinions on Rivco Aero Pegs?

Thread: Opinions on Rivco Aero Pegs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    As promissed Revco is Great, they promissed me them before 8/1 and they came. They are fabulous. Got them on last night and took my first ride down the beltway and wouldn't you know it felt so good missed my exit. LOL I will need to adjust this evening for just a little more comfort. I have them positioned all the way to the front now and I think they would be more comfortable just maybe one set of notches back. The side of the engine rubs on my ankle in the front forward position. I will experiment this evening. They look good and feel great.
    Solution …. take a 4 inch grinder to your ankles, grind off an inch on inside of both ankles……………. no more rubbing

Received mine...

Received them Friday 7/26 and installed them that night. Rode Saturday with them in the closest position, knee angle was all wrong. Moved them forward one position and rode 200 miles Sunday, they were better but not perfect. Moved them to the forward most postion, rode to work the past two days, they will be staying in this position. I am 6'1" with a 32 inch inseam.

Scott

Got mine Monday and installed Monday.Went for a ride tonight and tried them out very good for me.I am 6' 2" with 34 inseam no problems at all.

Did any of you guys notice a purple tint to the coating? It didn't quite match the black on the engine.
    Or was my set just a fluke?

NEW HIGHWAY PEGS

I'm 5'11 and with the bars all the way forward felt good but my ankle rubbed on the side of the engine. I moved them back to the nearest position and my ankles don't touch anymore and the ride is still comfortable. I love them. Going on long trip this weekend and will make my overall determination.

As far as the color mine look great. The paint job is a good match.

Purple Tint

Mine also have a different tint than the black on the bike. Close enough for me though.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    Did any of you guys notice a purple tint to the coating? It didn't quite match the black on the engine.
    I noticed that and it would be an additional reason for me to go with chrome if I bought a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    No fluke, I'm afraid. There has been quite a bit of discussion on this already. Apparently, I'm not all that picky because the slight purple hue doesn't bother me at all. What has bothered me is opening them with my shoes. I found that challenging so I'm experimenting with some black rubber tips that are stuck on the bottom, outside end of the pegs. So far, so good, but I may attach something more permanently similar to what Steve 0080 did. Overall, the Aero's are great IMHO.

Cool

The set I bought do seem to match ...my problem is even when I have them set to the rear I am still straight legged.....no good. I did drill and tap a nut to be able to " grab " the extension with and this works great !!!

I have mine for sale in the classifieds section....I'm thinking $250 + $12 for shipping......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I recently had a replacement peg and mount sent out to replace my left peg. The replacement was a lot less black then my original pair and looked even more purple. Seems to be an inconsistent finishing process? They should all be the same color I would think? Looks like different batches have different tints to them. I will be getting mine powder coated over the winter for a better match.