Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
The protector assembly I believe is what I am referring to. Its the piece that's secured underneath by two nuts. The same ones needed to loosen to install a belly pan. I've an issue where I can't remove one of those nuts now....gives me pause to get the TBR pipes if I would have to remove the heat shields for the install....
Yes, this is the protector assembly. Attachment 14989

It is possible to install these pipes without removing the protector assembly... but you would need two people to install them. One to hold up the pipes, the other to align the pipes to the front heat shields and insert them into the heat shield's grommet hooks.

Elroy, since you have an issue with your nut that connects the protector assembly and belly pan... you may want to somehow get rid of that nut and replace it. In the mean time... you may want to wait and hear other reviews regarding these TBR pipes. I was the first to post a review and a video of them. Other people may have different opinions of them. The reason I say this is because, one owner posted a comment on my video yesterday and stated he loves the sound of these pipes at idle... however once you reach above 2K RPMs, there is a droning sound. And at freeway speeds, it nearly drives him crazy. You see... for me, it's a different experience... too me, my pipes sound like a race car... and people in front of me can hear me coming.