My copilot uses the crash bars.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My copilot uses the crash bars.

My copilot uses the crash bars.

She does not do it intentionally but I do catch her climbing aboard every once in a hoot using them instead of the floor boards. Any longevity issues? I remember the trailering post where some have broken the crash bar bolts when over torquing the bars.

Randy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I guess as long as she stays under the weight requirement all will be good.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Oh yes that is a schnitz stirrer question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Mine uses them as floorboards. I'm surprised how low the pegs are located, she can barely reach them.

When I went to GW floor boards it evened it up a bit. Don't mind that but was curious of her weight climbing on and off. Probably a no fret issue. Just curious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Those things are designed to support the weight of the bike so I you don't have anything to worry about. Did you paint the floor boards? That black looks great!
    2016 Polaris Slingshot
    2015 Matte Silver F6B
    2014 GoldWing Tourer
    2014 Valkyrie F6C
    2015 Mustang GT
    2014 Focus ST3

You may want to put a strip of grip tape on the crash bars so her feet will be less likely to slip off. I have done this to one of my other bikes with good success. cueman

I would like to know the source of those floorboards, have not seen any like them.
    The most important things in life aren't things.
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedoc View Post
    I would like to know the source of those floorboards, have not seen any like them.
    Those are Goldwing passenger floorboards. Goldwing as GL1800 full bore wing. They are all over eBay. I got a used set for about $75 and refurb' them and repainted.

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    You may want to put a strip of grip tape on the crash bars so her feet will be less likely to slip off. I have done this to one of my other bikes with good success. cueman

I have a roll of clear and black skateboard tape I was going to install for that very reason. Great minds sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post
    Those things are designed to support the weight of the bike so I you don't have anything to worry about. Did you paint the floor boards? That black looks great!
    I did repaint the floorboards. The black I used was a very close metallic match to the 2015 Super Fast Matte Silver models blackish frame parts. From side angles it does compliment very well to the frame color. If you would like, I can shoot a pic of the rattle can color I used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Please do if you don't mind that looks really good. Any major prep work to them or just clean and spray?
    2016 Polaris Slingshot
    2015 Matte Silver F6B
    2014 GoldWing Tourer
    2014 Valkyrie F6C
    2015 Mustang GT
    2014 Focus ST3