Those looking to motorcycle the PCH...you're screwed, for now anyway
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Those looking to motorcycle the PCH...you're screwed, for now anyway

Those looking to motorcycle the PCH...you're screwed, for now anyway

It's starting.....
    Only a function of time and karma before that state plops off into the Pacific......

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    It's starting.....
    Only a function of time and karma before that state plops off into the Pacific......
    Outside of BIGLRY and Cambria the rest could fall into the ocean and I'd go home and have a full meal and a good night's sleep.

Hasten Kalifornia's exit with several well placed nuclear cratering charges; along their shared Arizona/Nevada borders...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Hasten Kalifornia's exit with several well placed nuclear cratering charges; along their shared Arizona/Nevada borders...
    Wait a day or two, please!
    I need to make some real estate deals....

Without San Francisco the homos would have to make Bendover, Maine as their capital.

Or is that Andover, never good in geography.

Lil' Kim said he was going to take care of the PRK for us. He wanted to start with LA, but should also throw in Excramento to cover his bases.

As for PCH, hope no one was buried under the 40 foot of dirt and rock.

I'm 60 miles south of the first Hwy 1 slide called the Mud Creek slide and live one block off Hwy 1. I have in the past...during my working days as a heavy equipment operator(31 yrs) spent a few months working Hwy 1 slides and know that them hills will keep coming down for a long time.
    I rode up to Ragged Point a few days ago, but could not get close to the first slide to see it.
    I'm going to take the road over the hills through the Army base on the Nacimiento-Fergusson road that brings you out north of Gorda and an open 12 mile stretch of road between the two slides, the one to the north is called the Paul's slide. I have friends who live up in the hills and will be bringing in some supplies for them.
    Hwy 1 to Big Sur and on to Monterey is probably one of my fav rides since I began riding over 60 years ago. I'll bet it is over 2 years before anyone will be able to ride the whole rout up the 1 again.

since 2003 I have sponsered a ride every yr in Aug called "Run Up The One" where we ride to Gorda then back to Ragged Point for lunch, it looks like Ragged Point is as far as we will be able to go this year. Here is a pic of me and a few others at the turn around point in Gorda.

Here is the latest updates from the Big Sur Chamber of Commerce.
    http://www.bigsurcalifornia.org/highway_conditions.html
    and a map to go with it.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I'm 60 miles south of the first Hwy 1 slide called the Mud Creek slide and live one block off Hwy 1. I have in the past...during my working days as a heavy equipment operator(31 yrs) spent a few months working Hwy 1 slides and know that them hills will keep coming down for a long time.
    I rode up to Ragged Point a few days ago, but could not get close to the first slide to see it.
    I'm going to take the road over the hills through the Army base on the Nacimiento-Fergusson road that brings you out north of Gorda and an open 12 mile stretch of road between the two slides, the one to the north is called the Paul's slide. I have friends who live up in the hills and will be bringing in some supplies for them.
    Hwy 1 to Big Sur and on to Monterey is probably one of my fav rides since I began riding over 60 years ago. I'll bet it is over 2 years before anyone will be able to ride the whole rout up the 1 again.

Here is the latest updates from the Big Sur Chamber of Commerce.
    http://www.bigsurcalifornia.org/highway_conditions.html
    and a map to go with it.
    And that was our reporter BIGLRY on the scene LIVE. It's a shame Governor Moonbeam wasn't in a convertible on a nice drive up the coast.