Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
Dickie I'm not a Glock guy but I respect your opinion. The trigger on a glock sucks and alot of your accuracy potential is in that trigger pull. 1911's are THE gun to have if you take the time to learn the gun properly. For those guys that don't feel comfortable carrying cocked and locked the Springfield XDs has possibly the best DA trigger on the market. I can't speak for all if them but the two 45's I own are ultra reliable and digest everything I put in them. As far as 1911's I like the Kimber and am partial to the 3 inch offerings and the Sig 1911's are great guns also.
The 1911's, or the good ones, are a joy to shoot. I have a Sig Ultra that shoots very well. That said, a Glock trigger needn't suck. Just $100 or so in parts, a bit of Flitz, and some TLC and you are in business. I have a G19 with a trigger that breaks first at less than 3 lbs, and only ounces from reset. Light trigger = precision. Any more, I have nothing that shoots any better. FYI, daily choice is the Beretta Nano that shoots well enough at 7 yds. Now THAT bad boy has a trigger that sucks. Lawyers generally design the new triggers...