GUNS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GUNS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    shooter
    Amen on the hobbies Dickie.

I am now carrying the XDs9 and it is growing on me. The trigger is thick right now and I can compare it to a fresh G17 GEN3. I have carried a G17, a Kimber 1911 3", a SA 1911 5", A Walther PPQ, LCP, Sig 226 and SW 442. I can without doubt say that my G17 would be the first pistol I would choose if you told me I was fixin to be in a gunfight. I love the 1911 platform but from the standpoint of amount of ammo and reloads whether emergency or tactical it is slower than the Glock. The 1911 also takes much more practice at drawing correctly and utilizing the grip safety. Emergency failures on the 1911 are tougher to practice as well. I have the bloody knuckle scars to prove it. It takes work and dedication. Two of the worlds top 1911 shooters, trainers and builders, Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers both have the same conclusion that the G17 would be their choice if they could only choose one in an imminent gunfight. A Glock may be an ugly dog but when the shitniz hits the fan at Pizza Hut, I won't be there to win a beauty contest.

I can also vouch that if you want to FU a Glock.......over modify it. Screw with the factory striker spring and you are asking for a failure. Don't go overboard on the mechanicals or you might as well carry a HiPoint

https://youtu.be/f7ViI2UWFKg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    Stro I'm impressed and I don't impress easily. But I knew when we were kids that you was alright.

YES! Dad will finally be proud of me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    YES! Dad will finally be proud of me!
    Perhaps others too.

I have a few Gen4's in different calibers (9mm, .40 and 10mm) and like the beaver tails. The G29 shoots .40's and 10mm with just a barrel swap (or the stock barrel if you are feeling lucky). I find the finger grooves to be made for small women's fingers and wish Glock would remove them. Glock's "sub-compacts" are about the only sub-compacts that hold the legal limit in the PRK in a standard magazine (10+1). Added night sights to all of them because the tritium battery virtually never wears out.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I can also vouch that if you want to FU a Glock.......over modify it. Screw with the factory striker spring and you are asking for a failure. Don't go overboard on the mechanicals or you might as well carry a HiPoint
    Very very true. Damn things will go Uzi on you real quick. But it is very doable to create a real shooter from the Glock. My G19 is pretty modified, and I have never experienced a slam or so much as the unanticipated double-tap. I think they shoot better with some 'attention' paid to the trigger. YMMV....

shooter
    I don't want you guys to think I'm totally anti Glock. I have recommended them on more than one occasion. For those novices that think they have to have a semi I tell them that they can't beat a glock. Simple to use , durable and accurate. When asked about function I tell people that you can take a Glock out of the box and start shooting and still be shooting it next week. Probably without a failure. It is an impressive pistol and no doubt changed the whole game of semi autos.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I don't want you guys to think I'm totally anti Glock.
    Not at all brother. I shoot on Thursdays with some bad azz mofo's and their 1911's. I can hold my own with other experienced 1911 shooters when I am wielding one. But the 1911 is a must practice and pay attention to what you are doing if you plan on using it in CQB. I have snatched my SA on more than one occasion and was off that grip safety by a half inch and that cost me. Yep, Glock is ready to fire out of the box. But a Glock requires it's own detail to attention. Trigger finger discipline is first. The key we will all agree is practice, practice, practice. Choose what feels right, but practice. I have turned many a gun buyer off because they cannot commit to practice. You don't need that venomous snake in your house around your kids if you don't respect it and practice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
    Very very true. Damn things will go Uzi on you real quick. But it is very doable to create a real shooter from the Glock. My G19 is pretty modified, and I have never experienced a slam or so much as the unanticipated double-tap. I think they shoot better with some 'attention' paid to the trigger. YMMV....
    Yep, my only negative from meeting you Bill.........I now want a G19. Had my eyes on a knife in the counter at SGA, but after shooting your G19 one may be mine this Thursday. I have 4 G17's, anyone want to buy one at cost lol?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver