Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
The 1911's, or the good ones, are a joy to shoot. I have a Sig Ultra that shoots very well. That said, a Glock trigger needn't suck. Just $100 or so in parts, a bit of Flitz, and some TLC and you are in business. I have a G19 with a trigger that breaks first at less than 3 lbs, and only ounces from reset. Light trigger = precision. Any more, I have nothing that shoots any better. FYI, daily choice is the Beretta Nano that shoots well enough at 7 yds. Now THAT bad boy has a trigger that sucks. Lawyers generally design the new triggers...
I was about to say that with just the slightest adjustment in trigger it makes a world of difference. When I was forced to carry Glock before retirement it took some time to get used to but once adapted I'm a changed man... When I was shooting competition before I retired I made quite a few 1911 guys weep. I have a 1911 myself that I carried cocked and locked a couple years but almost never shoot because after shooting Glock I don't do well with it... That being said I also own several other brands I take out and oil on occasion.. My true shooting love is Shotgun. Sporting Clays, Trap, Skeet , and five stand....lol... To be honest with you between guns and motorcycles I'm realizing why I'm always broke.......................Dickie