GUNS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GUNS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I can also vouch that if you want to FU a Glock.......over modify it. Screw with the factory striker spring and you are asking for a failure. Don't go overboard on the mechanicals or you might as well carry a HiPoint
    Very very true. Damn things will go Uzi on you real quick. But it is very doable to create a real shooter from the Glock. My G19 is pretty modified, and I have never experienced a slam or so much as the unanticipated double-tap. I think they shoot better with some 'attention' paid to the trigger. YMMV....

shooter
    I don't want you guys to think I'm totally anti Glock. I have recommended them on more than one occasion. For those novices that think they have to have a semi I tell them that they can't beat a glock. Simple to use , durable and accurate. When asked about function I tell people that you can take a Glock out of the box and start shooting and still be shooting it next week. Probably without a failure. It is an impressive pistol and no doubt changed the whole game of semi autos.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I don't want you guys to think I'm totally anti Glock.
    Not at all brother. I shoot on Thursdays with some bad azz mofo's and their 1911's. I can hold my own with other experienced 1911 shooters when I am wielding one. But the 1911 is a must practice and pay attention to what you are doing if you plan on using it in CQB. I have snatched my SA on more than one occasion and was off that grip safety by a half inch and that cost me. Yep, Glock is ready to fire out of the box. But a Glock requires it's own detail to attention. Trigger finger discipline is first. The key we will all agree is practice, practice, practice. Choose what feels right, but practice. I have turned many a gun buyer off because they cannot commit to practice. You don't need that venomous snake in your house around your kids if you don't respect it and practice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
    Very very true. Damn things will go Uzi on you real quick. But it is very doable to create a real shooter from the Glock. My G19 is pretty modified, and I have never experienced a slam or so much as the unanticipated double-tap. I think they shoot better with some 'attention' paid to the trigger. YMMV....
    Yep, my only negative from meeting you Bill.........I now want a G19. Had my eyes on a knife in the counter at SGA, but after shooting your G19 one may be mine this Thursday. I have 4 G17's, anyone want to buy one at cost lol?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Yep, my only negative from meeting you Bill.........I now want a G19. Had my eyes on a knife in the counter at SGA, but after shooting your G19 one may be mine this Thursday. I have 4 G17's, anyone want to buy one at cost lol?
    Hmmm....what Gen?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

It's a GEN3, all my G17 are GEN3. I have one more unfired, unmodified GEN3.

Ken, SIG makes sweet 1911's. Love the grip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

It's a GEN3, all my G17 are GEN3. I have one more unfired, unmodified GEN3.
    We need to chat....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

shooter
    Make him a deal on that Glock Stro. You have too many as it is. I recently cut back on the 1911's trying to be more realistic about how many I might need. I'm down to 2 Sigs , a Super Target and a Nitron Carry. Two Kimbers , a Stainless Ultra 2 and a Super Carry Ultra. One S&W a 3 inch Scandium. I had 11 of them so I'm doing better. If you guys want a good 1911 and don't want to pay that Kimber price the Sig is a fantastic gun. Depending on models it can be had for less than $800. All models have match target barrels and I've found them to be super accurate.

There may be a few restrictions we would have to get through to get Steve that Glock. But in mid thought enjoy this 1911 shooting. We could work on her grip and reloading but she sends home the point of how good a 1911 can be.

http://youtu.be/1oWL0utYqhA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I pick up my glock 43 this Thursday ... it should be a nice weapon,,,,,my favorite Glock was my Glock 18, carried one daily for years, her name was FANG, fully automatic nuclear glock...sadly when I retired they wanted her back...I am still sad !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com