GUNS - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GUNS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ok you guys compelled to talk about not just Concealed Carry but the Guns themselves. I'm a Glock-oholic and love my 41 gen 4 long slide. Its great for shooting IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association). IDPA is great for real world situation concealed carry proficiency. If you are going to carry you must practice and know how to use it. You can't go wrong with a glock, they shoot everything. Stomp-um into a mud puddle pick-um up and fire-um. My Glock's never malfunction after 10's of thousands of rounds. My Smith chokes on steel cases but not the Glock....... Learning to love my little Ruger LCP that also seems to shoot all kinds and brands. I'm sure there are many opinions out there..lol probably like discussing correct F6B motor oil..............See you guys in Franklin.............Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

shooter
    Dickie I'm not a Glock guy but I respect your opinion. The trigger on a glock sucks and alot of your accuracy potential is in that trigger pull. 1911's are THE gun to have if you take the time to learn the gun properly. For those guys that don't feel comfortable carrying cocked and locked the Springfield XDs has possibly the best DA trigger on the market. I can't speak for all if them but the two 45's I own are ultra reliable and digest everything I put in them. As far as 1911's I like the Kimber and am partial to the 3 inch offerings and the Sig 1911's are great guns also.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Dickie I'm not a Glock guy but I respect your opinion. The trigger on a glock sucks and alot of your accuracy potential is in that trigger pull. 1911's are THE gun to have if you take the time to learn the gun properly. For those guys that don't feel comfortable carrying cocked and locked the Springfield XDs has possibly the best DA trigger on the market. I can't speak for all if them but the two 45's I own are ultra reliable and digest everything I put in them. As far as 1911's I like the Kimber and am partial to the 3 inch offerings and the Sig 1911's are great guns also.
    The 1911's, or the good ones, are a joy to shoot. I have a Sig Ultra that shoots very well. That said, a Glock trigger needn't suck. Just $100 or so in parts, a bit of Flitz, and some TLC and you are in business. I have a G19 with a trigger that breaks first at less than 3 lbs, and only ounces from reset. Light trigger = precision. Any more, I have nothing that shoots any better. FYI, daily choice is the Beretta Nano that shoots well enough at 7 yds. Now THAT bad boy has a trigger that sucks. Lawyers generally design the new triggers...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
    The 1911's, or the good ones, are a joy to shoot. I have a Sig Ultra that shoots very well. That said, a Glock trigger needn't suck. Just $100 or so in parts, a bit of Flitz, and some TLC and you are in business. I have a G19 with a trigger that breaks first at less than 3 lbs, and only ounces from reset. Light trigger = precision. Any more, I have nothing that shoots any better. FYI, daily choice is the Beretta Nano that shoots well enough at 7 yds. Now THAT bad boy has a trigger that sucks. Lawyers generally design the new triggers...
    I was about to say that with just the slightest adjustment in trigger it makes a world of difference. When I was forced to carry Glock before retirement it took some time to get used to but once adapted I'm a changed man... When I was shooting competition before I retired I made quite a few 1911 guys weep. I have a 1911 myself that I carried cocked and locked a couple years but almost never shoot because after shooting Glock I don't do well with it... That being said I also own several other brands I take out and oil on occasion.. My true shooting love is Shotgun. Sporting Clays, Trap, Skeet , and five stand....lol... To be honest with you between guns and motorcycles I'm realizing why I'm always broke.......................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

shooter
    Amen on the hobbies Dickie.

Caspian Arms 1911

Totally match grade, extended Bomar front sight, 3.9999lb trigger, makes no noise when shaken with the slide back, makes a vacuum like sound when the slide goes home.

Slide and receiver given to my wife by Caspian after she won at Camp Perry.
    Then given to the USMC Pistol Team Pistol Smith for final assembly.
    After trying out the weapon, the USMC Team ordered 10 slides & receivers from Caspian.
    Set up for 185 grain wadcutter rounds.
    In her hand (yes, single handed), the thing drives tacks at 25 yards.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
    All this talk about 1911's...here's mine:

Attachment 15214

All I've had done is Hogue grips, night sights, custom backstrap and magazine well, and a 3.5 lb trigger job. It's pretty nice now, to say the least.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I can second your opinion on the XdS trigger. I've carried the XdS in .45 for years now and I love it. I know you can make the Glock's trigger better with some mods, but it's still butt-ugly I love shooting 1911's too, they're such a joy. As far as carrying one though, I don't see the added advantage compared to my xds. Roughly the same number of rounds +/- a round, but with usually added bulk/weight in a 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 30. 06 right in the doorway. I left 6 cartridges beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy
    across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign near the front of my house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there,
    right where I had left it. It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly
    hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had presented to do so.

In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my
    surprise, with all the hype by the Left and the Media about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people.

Either the media is wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in
    the world.........Just Sayin.......................................Dickie
    I vote lazy gun.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    I vote lazy gun.
    I think my gun could have found something to shoot out of all that. My gun is kinda pissy.