GUNS - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: GUNS

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Dickie I'm not a Glock guy but I respect your opinion. The trigger on a glock sucks and alot of your accuracy potential is in that trigger pull. 1911's are THE gun to have if you take the time to learn the gun properly. For those guys that don't feel comfortable carrying cocked and locked the Springfield XDs has possibly the best DA trigger on the market. I can't speak for all if them but the two 45's I own are ultra reliable and digest everything I put in them. As far as 1911's I like the Kimber and am partial to the 3 inch offerings and the Sig 1911's are great guns also.
    The 1911's, or the good ones, are a joy to shoot. I have a Sig Ultra that shoots very well. That said, a Glock trigger needn't suck. Just $100 or so in parts, a bit of Flitz, and some TLC and you are in business. I have a G19 with a trigger that breaks first at less than 3 lbs, and only ounces from reset. Light trigger = precision. Any more, I have nothing that shoots any better. FYI, daily choice is the Beretta Nano that shoots well enough at 7 yds. Now THAT bad boy has a trigger that sucks. Lawyers generally design the new triggers...

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Dickie I'm not a Glock guy but I respect your opinion. The trigger on a glock sucks and alot of your accuracy potential is in that trigger pull. 1911's are THE gun to have if you take the time to learn the gun properly. For those guys that don't feel comfortable carrying cocked and locked the Springfield XDs has possibly the best DA trigger on the market. I can't speak for all if them but the two 45's I own are ultra reliable and digest everything I put in them. As far as 1911's I like the Kimber and am partial to the 3 inch offerings and the Sig 1911's are great guns also.
    I can second your opinion on the XdS trigger. I've carried the XdS in .45 for years now and I love it. I know you can make the Glock's trigger better with some mods, but it's still butt-ugly I love shooting 1911's too, they're such a joy. As far as carrying one though, I don't see the added advantage compared to my xds. Roughly the same number of rounds +/- a round, but with usually added bulk/weight in a 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
    The 1911's, or the good ones, are a joy to shoot. I have a Sig Ultra that shoots very well. That said, a Glock trigger needn't suck. Just $100 or so in parts, a bit of Flitz, and some TLC and you are in business. I have a G19 with a trigger that breaks first at less than 3 lbs, and only ounces from reset. Light trigger = precision. Any more, I have nothing that shoots any better. FYI, daily choice is the Beretta Nano that shoots well enough at 7 yds. Now THAT bad boy has a trigger that sucks. Lawyers generally design the new triggers...
    I was about to say that with just the slightest adjustment in trigger it makes a world of difference. When I was forced to carry Glock before retirement it took some time to get used to but once adapted I'm a changed man... When I was shooting competition before I retired I made quite a few 1911 guys weep. I have a 1911 myself that I carried cocked and locked a couple years but almost never shoot because after shooting Glock I don't do well with it... That being said I also own several other brands I take out and oil on occasion.. My true shooting love is Shotgun. Sporting Clays, Trap, Skeet , and five stand....lol... To be honest with you between guns and motorcycles I'm realizing why I'm always broke.......................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

shooter
    Amen on the hobbies Dickie.

I am now carrying the XDs9 and it is growing on me. The trigger is thick right now and I can compare it to a fresh G17 GEN3. I have carried a G17, a Kimber 1911 3", a SA 1911 5", A Walther PPQ, LCP, Sig 226 and SW 442. I can without doubt say that my G17 would be the first pistol I would choose if you told me I was fixin to be in a gunfight. I love the 1911 platform but from the standpoint of amount of ammo and reloads whether emergency or tactical it is slower than the Glock. The 1911 also takes much more practice at drawing correctly and utilizing the grip safety. Emergency failures on the 1911 are tougher to practice as well. I have the bloody knuckle scars to prove it. It takes work and dedication. Two of the worlds top 1911 shooters, trainers and builders, Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers both have the same conclusion that the G17 would be their choice if they could only choose one in an imminent gunfight. A Glock may be an ugly dog but when the shitniz hits the fan at Pizza Hut, I won't be there to win a beauty contest.

I can also vouch that if you want to FU a Glock.......over modify it. Screw with the factory striker spring and you are asking for a failure. Don't go overboard on the mechanicals or you might as well carry a HiPoint

https://youtu.be/f7ViI2UWFKg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    Stro I'm impressed and I don't impress easily. But I knew when we were kids that you was alright.

YES! Dad will finally be proud of me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I have a few Gen4's in different calibers (9mm, .40 and 10mm) and like the beaver tails. The G29 shoots .40's and 10mm with just a barrel swap (or the stock barrel if you are feeling lucky). I find the finger grooves to be made for small women's fingers and wish Glock would remove them. Glock's "sub-compacts" are about the only sub-compacts that hold the legal limit in the PRK in a standard magazine (10+1). Added night sights to all of them because the tritium battery virtually never wears out.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    YES! Dad will finally be proud of me!
    Perhaps others too.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I can also vouch that if you want to FU a Glock.......over modify it. Screw with the factory striker spring and you are asking for a failure. Don't go overboard on the mechanicals or you might as well carry a HiPoint
    Very very true. Damn things will go Uzi on you real quick. But it is very doable to create a real shooter from the Glock. My G19 is pretty modified, and I have never experienced a slam or so much as the unanticipated double-tap. I think they shoot better with some 'attention' paid to the trigger. YMMV....