GUNS - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: GUNS

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
    Yes sir they are. I went straight to GEICO, at least it is friendly so far, and got my first non USAA policy of any kind in 30 years. I was fairly bothered by that.
    I am exceedingly bothered by that. My first non-USAA insurance was my new house in Florida. "We don't accept risk like that." I'm 40 miles inland! And I'm on high ground! Where my driveway meets the street, I am looking OVER my neighbor's house, 2 houses away, down the hill.
    I am becoming less and less amused with all their commercials and their lack of support.

So, my insurance is coming due. GEICO treating you alright?
    Good to know.
    Thanks.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

shooter
    I don't want you guys to think I'm totally anti Glock. I have recommended them on more than one occasion. For those novices that think they have to have a semi I tell them that they can't beat a glock. Simple to use , durable and accurate. When asked about function I tell people that you can take a Glock out of the box and start shooting and still be shooting it next week. Probably without a failure. It is an impressive pistol and no doubt changed the whole game of semi autos.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I am exceedingly bothered by that. My first non-USAA insurance was my new house in Florida. "We don't accept risk like that." I'm 40 miles inland! And I'm on high ground! Where my driveway meets the street, I am looking OVER my neighbor's house, 2 houses away, down the hill.
    I am becoming less and less amused with all their commercials and their lack of support.

So, my insurance is coming due. GEICO treating you alright?
    Good to know.
    Thanks.
    Yes, so far so good. Really I hope I never know how good they are, but the folks on the phone make it real clear that they LIKE writing MC policies. Rates are good too, from what little I know. A buddy of mine jumped ship from progressive a day or two after I got my policy, because when he saw mine and the rates, he also became fairly bothered....

I would not have predicted that USAA would withhold coverage from a member. I am not a service veteran, but they treat me as if I were. Hell, I guess I inherited the privilege, so why not. They paid an Ike claim in a week, and their adjuster pointed out structural problems I had not recognized. Man I am sorry to hear this. Maybe I need to do some kind of insurance audit in the next year or so.

Glock.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I don't want you guys to think I'm totally anti Glock.
    Not at all brother. I shoot on Thursdays with some bad azz mofo's and their 1911's. I can hold my own with other experienced 1911 shooters when I am wielding one. But the 1911 is a must practice and pay attention to what you are doing if you plan on using it in CQB. I have snatched my SA on more than one occasion and was off that grip safety by a half inch and that cost me. Yep, Glock is ready to fire out of the box. But a Glock requires it's own detail to attention. Trigger finger discipline is first. The key we will all agree is practice, practice, practice. Choose what feels right, but practice. I have turned many a gun buyer off because they cannot commit to practice. You don't need that venomous snake in your house around your kids if you don't respect it and practice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Very very true. Damn things will go Uzi on you real quick. But it is very doable to create a real shooter from the Glock. My G19 is pretty modified, and I have never experienced a slam or so much as the unanticipated double-tap. I think they shoot better with some 'attention' paid to the trigger. YMMV....
    Yep, my only negative from meeting you Bill.........I now want a G19. Had my eyes on a knife in the counter at SGA, but after shooting your G19 one may be mine this Thursday. I have 4 G17's, anyone want to buy one at cost lol?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

The 1911's, or the good ones, are a joy to shoot. I have a Sig Ultra that shoots very well. That said, a Glock trigger needn't suck. Just $100 or so in parts, a bit of Flitz, and some TLC and you are in business. I have a G19 with a trigger that breaks first at less than 3 lbs, and only ounces from reset. Light trigger = precision. Any more, I have nothing that shoots any better. FYI, daily choice is the Beretta Nano that shoots well enough at 7 yds. Now THAT bad boy has a trigger that sucks. Lawyers generally design the new triggers...
    All this talk about 1911's...here's mine:

Attachment 15214

All I've had done is Hogue grips, night sights, custom backstrap and magazine well, and a 3.5 lb trigger job. It's pretty nice now, to say the least.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Yep, my only negative from meeting you Bill.........I now want a G19. Had my eyes on a knife in the counter at SGA, but after shooting your G19 one may be mine this Thursday. I have 4 G17's, anyone want to buy one at cost lol?
    Hmmm....what Gen?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

It's a GEN3, all my G17 are GEN3. I have one more unfired, unmodified GEN3.

Ken, SIG makes sweet 1911's. Love the grip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    It's a GEN3, all my G17 are GEN3. I have one more unfired, unmodified GEN3.
    We need to chat....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce