GUNS - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: GUNS

Nice pistolas Steve. As usual the wife is sexier. How is the .45 recoil on that XD?

I abandoned all semi auto calibers except 9MM. Just concentrate on managing 9's for recoil and consistency. I have a couple pocket pistols in .380 for when I wear gym shorts. Other than that it's wheel guns in a couple calibers. The queen of the safe is a sweet 6" Colt Python. The best revolver ever made imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    I knew you was a revolver guy. Safe Safe Safe. You want a sure thing. Did I tell you I bought a new 340 PD a few years ago for my dad. Took him out to shoot it. 3rd shot , wadcutters , it locked up. Something broke inside. Had to send it in with 2 live rounds. Nothing is for sure. By the way , I love S&W revolvers. That Python is nice also. Just messin with ya.

Evening Stroguy et al .Have an XDs in 45 that has snappy recoil but my XD 45 and S&W 645 are very relaxing to plink with.May have to get on the 9 bandwagon but old school thought was to weigh opposition down with lead and solve problem at your leisure..

Hello oldguy. I am somewhat embarrassed to admit I have never fired a .40 but from all accounts that is the term all use for it....snappy. I have shot plenty of .45 and 10MM with the .45 being no problem and the 10MM being a beast. But carrying a 10MM during hiking or fishing adventures is becoming common practice. It is a formidable slug and especially if using a hot load from Buffalo Bore there aren't to many animals in North America that can stand up to a Glock mag full of 10MM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Wow shooter. What was the diagnosis on that 340?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    The little pawl that turns the cylinder was defective. I knew the cylinder was a little tight but chocked it up to being new. S&W was very nice about it. Fixed it. They asked me what they could do for me. They did a trigger job on the 340 and I had a model 36 with a scratch on the cylinder. They put a new cylinder on at no charge. 5 day turn around on the 340. 6 days on the 36. I have owned more than a hundred of their guns. Got a little back on that one.

I know the pawl. I had a Model 29 in the 80's that had the same issue. Didn't totally fail but didn't do what it was supposed to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Picked up a third mag here.......http://www.glockmeister.com
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Passed the course...38/40... Federal Certificate in hand..... I will not be going to the movie W/O my pistola....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com