room in rear lens for slightly larger brake/tail bulb?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: room in rear lens for slightly larger brake/tail bulb?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Using a bulb like that will not shin the best I have tried ones like that looks bright and night shinning on the ground but it doesn't use the reflecter so it looks really small at the lense

I know a guy who has 10 rear lights NIB...so if you damage one they are easy to replace...

John 321-242-0720
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

That's a pretty long bulb so I'm not at all sure there is room in there for that . Other than that, my concern would be how this bulb can utilize the reflector. It appears the bulb mainly projects forward but it's hard to tell. If that's the case, I would not consider it. Also, it's a very low efficacy bulb so don't expect a lot of brightness. And finally, it's an expensive bulb. Frankly, I probably wouldn't go for it but I could be wrong and I wish you luck if you do. Let us know!
    Ken (Hornblower)

The worst is a red led shining behind a red lense. Probably will not be the brightest. I expect one of you rich folk to bite the bullet for a welfare prince like myself. Please report your findings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    The worst is a red led shining behind a red lense. Probably will not be the brightest. I expect one of you rich folk fto bite the bullet for a welfare prince like myself. Please report your findings.
    Choosing the LED bulb color based on lens color might not be what you expect. It had been my experience that red bulbs do work best with red lenses.
    Ken (Hornblower)

I had these in my brake light location. They are red. They looked good and worked well and fit. Unfortunately, the led's started flaking out.

Attachment 15210
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I had these in my brake light location. They are red. They looked good and worked well and fit. Unfortunately, the led's started flaking out.

Attachment 15210
    I think I see a small package in my future...thx valk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Choosing the LED bulb color based on lens color might not be what you expect. It had been my experience that red bulbs do work best with red lenses.
    Very cool. I had some experience with our local car club and a few folks running red LEDs in their tails. Just didn't come off as bright as a white burning incandescent. Guess we should spec out the lumens produced of the incandescent and the LED.

EDIT- Found the incandescent burns 35 lumens and the LED link shows about 30 lumens. Not that big a dif so it probably would be as bright or insignificantly different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Very cool. I had some experience with our local car club and a few folks running red LEDs in their tails. Just didn't come off as bright as a white burning incandescent. Guess we should spec out the lumens produced of the incandescent and the LED.

EDIT- Found the incandescent burns 35 lumens and the LED link shows about 30 lumens. Not that big a dif so it probably would be as bright or insignificantly different.
    lumen on the spec sheet with my link is 55...

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    lumen on the spec sheet with my link is 55...

Yes you are correct. I saw the lm/W is 30, so a 1.9W lamp would be 55. Nice catch. I'm going back to bed, I'm fouling everything up today. Someone call me at the crack of 3 to pick up my government cheese please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver