RIDING TWISTIES WITH A BAGGER...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIDING TWISTIES WITH A BAGGER...

RIDING TWISTIES WITH A BAGGER...

Just wondering if anyone can give me some good advice or techniques that they use to keep from dragging the bags on the twisties..I generally hang the edge of my shoe over the edge of my pegs to feel the asphalt and use that as my reference point..Not used to riding a bagger and dont want to damage a bag...Any advice or experiences appreciate...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't worry about dragging the bags on this bike.
    The pegs are the first things to touch down.
    At least for me on this stock bike.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

It took me less than 2 weeks to find out. Your pegs will scrape first. I also ride a sportbike and was wondering myself. Today I found out going fast on a downhill 270 degree freeway onramp. This bike handles way better than I expected. No drama from the scrape, just surprised. As for the bags,
    the rear crash bars would touch first.

If yer dragging your bags ye ain't on your rubber and have more problems than just the bags touching.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Ride it like you stole it.

Proper cornering techniques like choosing lines, corner entering speed, & throttle control will produce decreased lean angles and higher exit speeds, but if you're riding fast enough you're going to scrape. Like stated above, these bikes are pretty tame when things start to touch down, and the pegs are the first.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

If your coming from a "sport bike" you will need to get used to the pegs touching down!!! These bikes will handle well but they are still big baggers. I have a set of highway pegs that touch just before the stock pegs. Scraping the pegs is a very common occurrence for me and in my opinion,,, you should know that sound. I know of a few folks that could not make a corner because they heard the pegs scrape and it scared them to the point of panic. The stock pegs will fold up and even though they are scraping, you will still have a few degrees of lean to get you thru the corner.

My highway pegs are mounted in a way that they also fold as the stock pegs do... up and back as to not dig into the road. You can feel the moment in your feet and as long as your brain doesn't freak out from the sound you can usually get yourself out of trouble.
    For some of us the scraping sound puts a smile on our face!!!

I spent most of my money on Women and Motorcycles,, the rest I just wasted!

I have just about ground through the side wall of the tubing on the right front crash bar. Haven't touched the rear bag guards, yet. As others have sead, if your riding the bags, your down.

Being from NASCAR country, I'll just say this...if you ain't scrapin', you ain't ridin'! You'll probably find that the pegs touch down fairly early on this bike. If you ride agressively and want to preserve your pegs, you could consider titanium pucks for the underside (check out Pepsx Products). It makes for a nice "light show". Some belly pans will touch next but the Macgyver BP, at least in my case, mounts in tighter and avoids contact. The protective side guards just up from the belly pan have grounded a few times as well about the same time as my Rush exhaust. And, just after that, the crash bars . I rarely scrape past the footpegs however unless I'm riding with faster riders like Big Dawg and friends in those awesome Western Carolina twisties. Anyway, if you're really concerned about scraping, you can dial up the rear suspension and upgrade to better forks like Traxxion Dynamics which will help too. After that, you can consider an extended rear shock clevis to further add clearance. Beyond all that, you just have to settle, AFAIK.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Ditto with Big Larry ......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I haven't noticed body positioning mentioned yet:
    Attachment 15168
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon