Blocking off crossover update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blocking off crossover update

Blocking off crossover update

What is the final analysis of those who have chosen to block off their exhaust cross over? Solid disc total block or disc with lots of holes. Is either or both proving effective at eliminating or reducing droan? To my knowledge only one or two members have tried this option.

Any other solutions besides the torq loopz?

I'd also like to know.

I dont know about you guys but after riding a rune for 10 years I'm enjoying the quiet super smooth ride that I describe as floatinh on an air cushion like something out of "The Jetsons"...Not in any hurry to modify the exhaust...If I want loud I'll jump on the Rune but for now its sitting...lol

shooter
    Slayer , that is one smoking hot Rune. I'm slightly jealous. That don't happen too often. A Rune is the only bike I think looks better than my 109.

Thanks shooter..its a fun bike but definitely diggin my F6..
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm with you guys i have no desire to make the bike louder lol. It's pretty loud right now compared to the Wing. My Valkyrie however wouldn't mind giving that one a little more noise. Since the exhaust is the same I'm betting this can be done there too. Not sure blocking the crossover pipe is the way though. Part of engine performance is equalizing the exhaust pulses. Most modern performance exhaust implement a crossover of some sort to help increase performance usually in the form of an H or X style crossover to equalize exhaust gas pressures. There is a lot of options out there for exhaust upgrades for us but they don't really net much HP increase. 3-5 usually, it's mostly for the noise lol.
    2016 Polaris Slingshot
    2015 Matte Silver F6B
    2014 GoldWing Tourer
    2014 Valkyrie F6C
    2015 Mustang GT
    2014 Focus ST3

Quote Originally Posted by hgslayr View Post
    I dont know about you guys but after riding a rune for 10 years I'm enjoying the quiet super smooth ride that I describe as floatinh on an air cushion like something out of "The Jetsons"...Not in any hurry to modify the exhaust...If I want loud I'll jump on the Rune but for now its sitting...lol
    I hear you. It seems like every bike I have ever had the first thing I did was modify or replace the exhaust. This one may just stay in the "stealth mode". At least for a little while

Just curious as to why people can't stay with the thread and answer the ops question. I don't think that anyone has talked about if they blocked off the crossover or not. Op, I'm sorry for getting off of the thread with this post! I have not done it but am also curious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Just curious as to why people can't stay with the thread and answer the ops question. I don't think that anyone has talked about if they blocked off the crossover or not. Op, I'm sorry for getting off of the thread with this post! I have not done it but am also curious.
    +1...there have been a couple who have done this...can't remember what the out come was other than it did stop the drone....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com