Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
He also wanted to know the outcome of the inspection of the fluids and I expressly told him they had told me they do not check the fluids in the final drive as they figured being factory filled they didn't have too. He was not impressed with that statement. I am hoping they have a bore scope to look at the gears and see if they have been hurt. He also told me that the check sheet I was given when I purchased the bike should say on it what was checked. I went thru the paper work which is undisturbed since I bought it and there is no check sheet in my folder. I will call him back on Monday and let him know that no such sheet exists in my possession. I am going to ask Honda if I should have a different dealer inspect this bike! Thinking maybe if they figure its their fault they might say everythings fine and button it up and call it good.
Not to hijack the intent of your issue with the final drive, but just wanted to add that I have purchased 12 new Honda motorcycles over the past years and NEVER , as far as I can recall, was ever given any kind of check sheet or dealer prep report...Did not know these sheets were even available.....I had a friend years ago that worked in a motorcycle dealership as a mechanic and he said the check sheets they were supposed to use were a joke as the prep guys looked at the bikes, checked the boxes on the sheet and signed off and know one knew any different...Was a multi-brand dealership if I remember.....