Glove box scratching gas cap cover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glove box scratching gas cap cover

Glove box scratching gas cap cover

I have noticed that when opening the glove box it rubs the upper edge of the cover that hides that gas cap. I am looking for a solution. Maybe something like a carbon fiber sticker on the lid? Any ideas?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    I have noticed that when opening the glove box it rubs the upper edge of the cover that hides that gas cap. I am looking for a solution. Maybe something like a carbon fiber sticker on the lid? Any ideas?
    I also noticed that my gas cap lid at the top is marked also but could not figure out where it was coming from. waxing it will not remove it either. Will be following this thread!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Plam Bay Florida, summer in Battle Creek, Mi.
    Ya, mine too!

I have a map pouch on my glove box cover and it recked the paint on the upper edge of the gas door. Show Chrome makes a smoked chrome trim ring that goes around the edge of the gas door that I put on. kurreackin? makes a "gothic" part that just covers the top edge of the gas door.I used the gothic speaker accents that I painted mat black. I'd switch out the Show Chrome for the gothic but I would have to redo the key knob and I'm not sure the paint on the gas door will servive it's removal.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I also noticed that my gas cap lid at the top is marked also but could not figure out where it was coming from. waxing it will not remove it either. Will be following this thread!
    Yep ditto

Good tip - thanks!

Saw the marks on the gas door the other day and couldn't figure it out. Thanks for solving that mystery!

Mine was marked on the showroom floor, so when I was making the deal for the bike I insisted they give me some color-rite touch up paint in the deal, I got two touch up pens, the shinny black and the ballistic black.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Link

Same rubbing problem here - thanks for the link!
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Mine is unmarked and I use it at least 4 times for each ride. Open close ride open close do business open close ride open close nighty night Ultra Fast Matte Silver beast. I religiously put my gloves and glasses in there each stop. I looked at the geometry and it does not appear to be upon opening but may be coming from the reinsertion of the hinge pins when going to close it. I do not open my cubby and leave it balanced on the fuel door area. I pop it and remove it and typically set it in my lap. Then reinsert the pins and close.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver