Shift Arm Modification?

Thread: Shift Arm Modification?

Cool Shift Arm Modification?

I have been riding Harley's for the past 20 years and just got myself a new F6B. I am adjusting to the new ride but one major problem is the shift arm location especially if you want to add floorboards, which I have tried. I am also not interested in a heal toe shifter as my big feet get in the way. What I am looking for is a modification or different shift arm that move the shift point up a few inches (adjustable) to allow the toe of your boot to slid underneath for shifting with our without floorboards. In looking at the arm it seems like a fairly straight forward mod to re-engineer the arm to allow movement of the shift nub. Has anyone run across such a product or modification. Thanks for reading and any input.

There are no arms currently available on the market, that I am aware of... some have lowered the pegs with success.....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...op-mini-boards
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Check a co. called dhs racing for adjustable shifter arm. It might be what you are looking for. I have no experience with them. But some of the others on here do. I asked about them awhile ago in a different post.

something like this?

What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Quote Originally Posted by coffee_weasle View Post
    Now that is a great idea, how well does it work. Someone should manufacturer a billet version of that with rubber on it.

FWIW, Roadsmith offers lowered and forward comfort controls. "... new controls actually move both foot pegs and the brake and shift levers forward 3 inches and down 1 inch ...".

Roadsmith Controls thread

Attachment 15457

Cool

WOW!!! those are nice for the big footed riders...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Now that is a great idea, how well does it work. Someone should manufacturer a billet version of that with rubber on it.
    it worked decently, i've abandoned it, i prefer it as it came (stock now)

i also came from a harley and initially had trouble getting use to the angle i needed to put my foot on (size 12 boot)

now i don't really notice it
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Herre's a couple ideas ...

The shifter peg is on a spline (or something like that). The screw can be loosened/removed and the peg pulled off and positioned higher for bigger feet/boots.

Or, try western boots with a narrower toe. I use these on my Harley with good results.

And .. many manufacturers make lowering pegs of some sort ... I have them on my Wing. This will give more room for your BIG feet, m'friend.

Just some suggestions.