Clearview windshield mostly installed....

Thread: Clearview windshield mostly installed....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks, that's the tip I was looking for! I remember reading about installing shields, but couldn't remember the trick for that. That's definitely a highly probable situation!
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Went for a ride yesterday and so far, I love this shield! I can actually ride with my visor mostly up. I may lower the shield a tad as that line across the top seems to frustrate my "view" in certain situations. Talk about hearing the radio better too. The adjustable vent directs air right at my torso, love that too.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    Went for a ride yesterday and so far, I love this shield! I can actually ride with my visor mostly up. I may lower the shield a tad as that line across the top seems to frustrate my "view" in certain situations. Talk about hearing the radio better too. The adjustable vent directs air right at my torso, love that too.

Redlinez, how tall are you?

I ordered the same windshield that you have. I'm 5' 10" and went through all of the measurements that Clearview had on their website for determining proper height. I think the medium sport tourer is fine for me; but am concerned if there is any distortion from the recurved portion itself.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Redlinez, how tall are you?

I ordered the same windshield that you have. I'm 5' 10" and went through all of the measurements that Clearview had on their website for determining proper height. I think the medium sport tourer is fine for me; but am concerned if there is any distortion from the recurved portion itself.
    I have the same one you ordered and I am 5'11" I look over the shield by about 6" so the recurve isn't really a issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I have the same one you ordered and I am 5'11" I look over the shield by about 6" so the recurve isn't really a issue.
    Oh good! Thanks a lot!

I'm 5'11". I just lowered the shield to the halfway adjustmentment point I had it as high as it would go. I'll take a ride and see where it ends up in my line of sight.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Mine is all the way down.