I see a lot of Donors!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I see a lot of Donors!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I see a lot of Donors!

I see a lot of organ donors up here in Michigan since they cancelled the helmet law!
    I know it your own personal preference now but with the statistics saying 70% of people that dies in motorcycle accidents would have lived had they been wearing a helmet. Why take the risk? I would never get on a bike without a helmet, at least give yourself a chance at life, I understand kids riding with tank tops, short shorts, and flip flops, their 10 foot tall and bullitt proof but us old guys definitely know the risks. I'll leave this earth one of these days but I don't want to make it any shorter than necessary!

That's cute, "Organ donors". That's what the ER guys call ALL riders (including YOU!).

As a career Fireman 20+ years, I've seen plenty of fatal motorcycle crashes. Tragic, Horrrific, Gorey, Sad, & even confusing.

If your wanting to live "Safe" drive a Volvo. I know the risks, I rode yesterday with my full face helmet, today with out my helmet.

Quit being my MOM, and quit pretending your safe because you wear a bean bucket. You like myself, are one (unfortunate/unexpected) accident away from a box.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

With the information available to us in this day and age we are able to find statistics to back up any way of thinking, even loud pipes save lives... or not wearing a helmet is safer, so statistics mean very little to me.
    That being said, I wear a Helmet 97% of the time and live in a State that does not require me to. So I believe in the safety that a Helmet brings to my ride, but I'm willing to bet if I hit something solid at any decent speed, internal organ damage will more than likely be what kills me and my Helmet won't save me from that.

Just my thoughts.........

I spent most my money on Women and Motorcycles, the rest I just wasted.

They also call our bikes Donorcycles!

When your state gives you the choice, it's all yours. Mine doesn't. I survived hitting the pavement with a helmet on in a no-helmet state. I'll never ever ride without full gear and I know all the risks of riding and the imminent danger. I love it still the same, but I choose to increase my odds even that little bit. We're mostly all adults and make our own decisions. Ride on boys and girls.

shooter
    I may be wrong but I think it should be up to the rider. Personally I am atgatt. But that's just me. Sometime my wife don't want to wear a coat so she can work on her tan. I don't argue. It's her life. The states that get me are the ones that require seat belts but dont require helmets. After you are 18 it should be your choice. By the way I always wear my seat belt. Big brother has too many regulations. Let people make their own decisions.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by FF-Ed View Post
    That's cute, "Organ donors". That's what the ER guys call ALL riders (including YOU!).

As a career Fireman 20+ years, I've seen plenty of fatal motorcycle crashes. Tragic, Horrrific, Gorey, Sad, & even confusing.

If your wanting to live "Safe" drive a Volvo. I know the risks, I rode yesterday with my full face helmet, today with out my helmet.

Quit being my MOM, and quit pretending your safe because you wear a bean bucket. You like myself, are one (unfortunate/unexpected) accident away from a box.
    +1^^^^^^

I would rather be dead than paralyzed from the neck down then be a burden to my family. I don't usually wear a helmet, but I am thinking about starting, to many people texting and driving even though it's against the law here in Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by FF-Ed View Post

You are absolutely right! That said, please ensure you have a "Advanced Directive" in place for those who you love and love you! Unlike "road rash" or "broken bones" when the "green contents" of what was once your brain is slowly oozing/draining from your ear canals and nasal cavities and you're unaware of any induced stimuli (pin pricks) the medical folks will keep you off "Life Support" and will lessen the financial burden on your family and society in general. To make sure you do the job right have some bald tires on your bike and a few snorts of Southern Comfort before you mount up. This way, when you finally slide up to the Pearly Gates you can boast of having one hell of a last ride Written by a once Certified EMT with too many DOA's

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I see a lot of organ donors up here in Michigan since they cancelled the helmet law!
    I know it your own personal preference now but with the statistics saying 70% of people that dies in motorcycle accidents would have lived had they been wearing a helmet. Why take the risk? I would never get on a bike without a helmet, at least give yourself a chance at life, I understand kids riding with tank tops, short shorts, and flip flops, their 10 foot tall and bullitt proof but us old guys definitely know the risks. I'll leave this earth one of these days but I don't want to make it any shorter than necessary!
    I say you mind your business I'll mind my business. If I desire to not wear a helmet that is my right. I had a very good friend and riding companion who always wore a full coverage helmet and used to give me a hard time for not wearing a helmet....Well he's dead and gone because his helmet broke his neck.. I'm still riding taking my chances which is my right. You say why take the risk? I say mind your own freaking business!............................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"