Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
Kissan makes one that is designed for the dual headlights of the F6B. The connections can be a task to install, especially if you are putting them on the high beam so that you can turn them on and off if needed. But the high beams of the F6b can be really annoying (!!), so I put the modulator connections on the low beams (much easier to get to) with a cut-out switch just in case I didn't want them on all the time. I used a small SPST, you just put it inline with one of the sensor wires and it interrupts the signal as if it were dark. Switch not really needed, the sensor will turn off the modulation at dusk.

Here is picture of my sensor position. Position is critical due to components under this panel, and best to use a step drill. I put the sensor in a rubber grommet rather than the plastic mount that comes with it.
Your installation of the modulators to work with the low beams are interesting. But I do believe that is illegal. Federal law states that the high beam is the only beam that is to be modulated.

With saying that though... I personally don't see an issue with installing them on the low beams of the F6B. Hell of a lot easier to get to (at least on this bike). And the effect is still preserved; regarding what the modulator is designed to do.

You would definitely need a "cut out" though as you have designed, for current headlight modulator units don't take into account that they are being installed with the low beam only. The normal "built in" feature to disable a modulator.. is to switch the headlamp beam to low... to disable it. Or put something over the modulator's ambient light sensor; so the modulator thinks it's dusk... instead of daylight.