Quote Originally Posted by gregj View Post
One of the great things about this country is the right to choose. If you dont like them, dont run them. Period.

However, I ran them for several years on my 07 ST1300A, and could absolutely tell the difference on the number of cagers that pulled out in front of me before I had them, and after I installed them.

If they aggravate some cager, that is a good thing, because it means I have been seen and noticed, which is their purpose. Right?

People have a lousy sense of "rate of closure", which is one reason why so many cagers pull out in front of bikes. They take a glance our way, but dont look long enough for the brain to take multiple "pictures" in order to calculate the rate of closure (how fast the bike is approaching the cager). With the modulators, it jogs the cager into "what is that?" which means a longer look, which means more "pictures" taken, which means the cager's brain can better calculate the biker's rate of closure, which means we have been noticed and not pulled out in front of. Job accomplished.

This is MHO, and is worth exactly what you paid for it.
Here is a good example of a poor rate of closure estimate. http://www.pressherald.com/2017/12/0...co-bay-bridge/
It happened yesterday. As a pilot, I lived (or not) by accurate rate of closure. However, I often have to "hold on for my life" when riding with my family or friends. Years ago I believed that it was inattention that caused these problems since people turn their head talk to you, play with phones, etc. Now I realize that there are a seriously high percentage of people in the US that just have a busted rate of closure meter.