Modulating headlight debate

Thread: Modulating headlight debate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by druggr View Post
    I too will never have them. I ride as if I am invisible to others and take full responsibility if someone hits me. I too find them annoying.
    Amen, I have ridden that way for over 50 years, no problems...Think that I am invisible and do all I can to make myself seen, but not with wig wag lights...

I recall my first experience with the modulators on the road. At the time I drove a Trans Am and the need for speed was constant. One afternoon I am cruising above the speed limit and saw a motorcycle catching up to me with modulators on.Uh-oh,so I slow down and the guy passes me. I was pissed because he interrupted my fun. I saw this guy occasionally and my first thought was always the cops.Found out later about modulating high beams on a motorcycle but the one thing I knew personally is that it always got my attention.Later I had a buddy that had them.He always rode tailgunner but there was never a time I couldn't see him.
    My impression? yeah they work.I dont use them but they DO get noticed at a distance.
    Oh when I bought my F6B I wanted to pay for it,but needed a car. I had given my SUV to one of my daughters but I had to have this bike with only so much money. So I bought and paid for the bike and bought a police car from an auction.I became one of those 'wankers' that drove those cars and POed a few people when I pulled in behind them.Actually loved that car. It handled very well,had a dual ratio transmission and was fast as hell but I eventually sold it.