Rear rack and Hyperlights

Thread: Rear rack and Hyperlights

Rear rack and Hyperlights

Got some stuff from WingStuff today. Mounted the rack and it sure looks good. Nice quality, now I can carry a case of beer with no issues...

I am going to install my two 16 LED Hyper-Lites right under the luggage rack. This will provide excellent visibility to the rear. I wanted to get the lights as high as possible; I don't want to install them around the license plate area (too low).

Going to run the wires under the luggage rack and keep them in place with a strip of black Gorilla tape underside of the rack. Will then route the wires under the bracket for the passenger backrest; and then ultimately under the rear of the seat; where I will then tap into the wiring harness for the brake lights/ground/power. I will leave a lot of slack with the wiring under the seat; in case I have to remove the rack later on; along with the passenger backrest bracket and seat itself.

I've done this before with aftermarket saddlebags/racks and such on previous bikes. Here's a pic with the lights temporarily affixed to just about where I want them (crappy pic but you will get the idea):

Nice thing about this rack is that it has a slight bend upwards on the rear of it. So theoretically; I could mount the Hyper-Lites at a slight upward angle; to present full flashing and light towards the perfect alignment with a cager behind me. Just have to always be conscious of them if I am using bungee cords or whatever; to tie down something on the rear rack

Also ordered some of that pre-cut carpet for the saddle bags. I was going to "cheap out" and make carpet liners for myself; but I am glad that I didn't. These heavy saddle bag carpets from WingStuff are nice quality and a perfect fit; with a raised rubber backing that keeps moisture from the carpet if it were to occur:

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Sign into U tube and set up an account...5 mins.... then post a vid of your lights in action !!!!!!! Look good !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

There is a rubber bungie in the left saddlebag, how did the new carpet address this issue? It is where I strap down my owners manual.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    There is a rubber bungie in the left saddlebag, how did the new carpet address this issue? It is where I strap down my owners manual.
    Not a problem. The carpet edges fit very snugly against the underneath lips of both of the rubber bungee hooks. Now bowing or folds in the carpet because of it:

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Looks first class, thanks! no Willytilly!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Looks first class, thanks! no Willytilly!
    Here's another pic showing the hooks in more detail:

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537