New 2013 F6B. Now, whic assessories to buy? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New 2013 F6B. Now, whic assessories to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Don't do what I did and buy the center stand from the dealer. There is a dealership that does trike conversions in Oklahoma that sells them for 60 bucks brand new, go that route and put it on yourself.
    And don't forget the quarters.

By the way, what is this? It's smaller than it appears here, but pretty ugly. It's directly under the frame.Attachment 15624

Quote Originally Posted by YikesCops View Post
    By the way, what is this? It's smaller than it appears here, but pretty ugly. It's directly under the frame.Attachment 15624
    Coolant reservoir.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    Coolant reservoir.
    Makes sense. Is it supposed to be a bit flexible? Never seen one there on my other bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by YikesCops View Post
    Makes sense. Is it supposed to be a bit flexible? Never seen one there on my other bikes.
    It's plastic... and will bend a little when you push it. My old Honda VTX had a coolant reservoir somewhat mounted in the same exposed way... never had an issue with it or damage from the road.

Some have made a small sheet metal shield for it; others use a full belly pan to protect it. I don't like the current belly shields available... may do a small sheet metal shield with 3m two sided tape.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

There are many ...

I ordered my bike and ordered some things to add before it arrived ... which is another story.

I have an Ultimate Saddle on my Wing and like it a great deal, so I have one for the 6. Des does a great job! Very comfy.

The Windbender windscreen with large shelf on the Wing is great as well to mount my Garmin, Valentine 1 and GoPro .. and other stuff. So, I have one of these. Really quiet, EZ to install, great customer service and works very well and adjustable.

Bought a center stand from a dealer doing trike installations brand new and with all the springs and such.

New Garmain 7" screen nav ... new Valentine 1 radar detector.

Added, some black foam grip slip ons ... I have Grip Puppies, but these are different, but can't remember the brand. Sorry.

I have a Show Chrome dark smoke rear rack laying around to be installed soon ... once the pre-drilled bits arrive from Honda.

I debaged the front and rear of the bike for a cleaner appearance. Looks great.

Added, Bakerbuilt Mirror Wings and engine guard Wings to moderate heat/cold/air flow. Considering a full set of side mounted Baker Wings as I have on the Wing ... but, not sure if I'll enjoy "the LOOK". ?

Have a couple 12" Wehlen LED red/amber running/brake modules. Considering adding one to the rear end for more visibility. Very bright.

Need to have my Powerlet outlet added for winter riding, too.

Have Electrical Connection bright yellow cowl fogs ... REALLY BRIGHT! Love 'em.

May add mirror turn signal mirrors. ??

Have the Honda radio buttons to have the keys cut and added to the rear, fuel filler door and such. This weekend.

Have Traxxion full boat on the Wing and miss it on the 6. But, $3K is a bit more than I want to handle at this time.

As was posted .... there is a never ending flow of farkles. Just money and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
    I ordered my bike and ordered some things to add before it arrived ... which is another story.

I have an Ultimate Saddle on my Wing and like it a great deal, so I have one for the 6. Des does a great job! Very comfy.

The Windbender windscreen with large shelf on the Wing is great as well to mount my Garmin, Valentine 1 and GoPro .. and other stuff. So, I have one of these. Really quiet, EZ to install, great customer service and works very well and adjustable.

Bought a center stand from a dealer doing trike installations brand new and with all the springs and such.

New Garmain 7" screen nav ... new Valentine 1 radar detector.

Added, some black foam grip slip ons ... I have Grip Puppies, but these are different, but can't remember the brand. Sorry.

I have a Show Chrome dark smoke rear rack laying around to be installed soon ... once the pre-drilled bits arrive from Honda.

I debaged the front and rear of the bike for a cleaner appearance. Looks great.

Added, Bakerbuilt Mirror Wings and engine guard Wings to moderate heat/cold/air flow. Considering a full set of side mounted Baker Wings as I have on the Wing ... but, not sure if I'll enjoy "the LOOK". ?

Have a couple 12" Wehlen LED red/amber running/brake modules. Considering adding one to the rear end for more visibility. Very bright.

Need to have my Powerlet outlet added for winter riding, too.

Have Electrical Connection bright yellow cowl fogs ... REALLY BRIGHT! Love 'em.

May add mirror turn signal mirrors. ??

Have the Honda radio buttons to have the keys cut and added to the rear, fuel filler door and such. This weekend.

Have Traxxion full boat on the Wing and miss it on the 6. But, $3K is a bit more than I want to handle at this time.

As was posted .... there is a never ending flow of farkles. Just money and time.
    We'll be expecting a pic cuz -
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt