Intro from Georgia - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Intro from Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by kellymch2001 View Post
    Are you the one I saw somewhere on the forum talking about Marines? I looooooove me some jarheads.
    Aye lass. I'm a retired USMC pilot. We have a few other Marines and many more from the sister services on this forum.
    You somehow related to the "Gun Club"?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by NoleRider View Post
    Welcome from south GA! Let's don't compare mileage.
    I rode 10,700 this summer from May 22 at 16:30 to July 27 at 8:00am.

Part of that was on Pearl, my VStar 1300 before the rear wheel bearings shot.

Then I took my friend's Street Glide to Northern KY while Pearl was in the shop. I got Pearl back and drove her two days before trading her in on Sweet Georgia.

And I haven't looked back.

I rode some in South Georgia this summer. My problem is that the roads are too straight. I need a curve every once in a while to slow me down. Those straight roads....lets just say I can't resist temptation.
    Yeah...the throttle hand does tend to twist when there's open road for miles in front. Then again, I'm like a grandma when I hit the twisties since I don't see them often.

2015 Matte Silver Deluxe

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Aye lass. I'm a retired USMC pilot. We have a few other Marines and many more from the sister services on this forum.
    You somehow related to the "Gun Club"?
    I was married to a 53 hydraulics mech during Desert Storm. Seems like 100 years ago. I'm also a Ride Captain with the GA PGR and unfortunately, we did several missions for Marines. Ended up getting close to the families.

OooohRah

I rode 10,700 this summer from May 22 at 16:30 to July 27 at 8:00am.

Part of that was on Pearl, my VStar 1300 before the rear wheel bearings shot.

Then I took my friend's Street Glide to Northern KY while Pearl was in the shop. I got Pearl back and drove her two days before trading her in on Sweet Georgia.

And I haven't looked back.
    Good grief! You teachers and your open summers! Where's that "green with envy" smiley face?

2015 Matte Silver Deluxe

GaTeach
    Yeah...the throttle hand does tend to twist when there's open road for miles in front. Then again, I'm like a grandma when I hit the twisties since I don't see them often.
    Up here if you get behind a Dudley DoRight, there's no chance to safely pass. If you pass, it's in a curve on a double yellow line with trees crowding both sides of the road.

Down there???? SEEYA!

I was married to a 53 hydraulics mech during Desert Storm. Seems like 100 years ago. I'm also a Ride Captain with the GA PGR and unfortunately, we did several missions for Marines. Ended up getting close to the families.

OooohRah
    Lol. I flew 53s....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

GaTeach
    Good grief! You teachers and your open summers! Where's that "green with envy" smiley face?
    It was the most amazing summer of my life. My intentions were to ride coast to coast SOLO on Pearl during the month of July. I spend June riding long distances every day to get in riding form.

Then the rear wheel bearings shot and after getting that fixed, I couldn't afford to do the coast to coast trip in the style I was planning. So I got Sweet Georgia and spent every day on the bike.

I rode the BRP twice. Rode to Northern KY to visit my brother. Rode to Natchez and New Orleans. Savannah.

Too much fun.

Working is for the birds. But I kinda like a roof over my head and hot showers occasionally

It was the most amazing summer of my life. My intentions were to ride coast to coast SOLO on Pearl during the month of July. I spend June riding long distances every day to get in riding form.

Then the rear wheel bearings shot and after getting that fixed, I couldn't afford to do the coast to coast trip in the style I was planning. So I got Sweet Georgia and spent every day on the bike.

I rode the BRP twice. Rode to Northern KY to visit my brother. Rode to Natchez and New Orleans. Savannah.

Too much fun.

Working is for the birds. But I kinda like a roof over my head and hot showers occasionally
    Might not have made it E to W...but sounds like you still had a great summer. Not to mention, you ended up with the best bike on the market.

2015 Matte Silver Deluxe

Welcome Kelly The F6B is a fantastic machine