Front End Rattle - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Front End Rattle

Quote Originally Posted by Johnhowley View Post
    Thank you everyone for the recommendations, I did put a cushion between the fender and tube cover, but it didn't seem to help. I will try removing both fender and tube cover all together to see if that helps. The sound seems to be coming from a higher location under where the key goes in or under the instrumentation panel. Sound is a funny thing, is hard to always determine where it's coming from.

Any other recommendations would be appreciated!!!

Thanks again!!
    Also, does anyone know if running the bike without the instrumentation panel will hurt the electronics??

Also, does anyone know if running the bike without the instrumentation panel will hurt the electronics??
    Another technical question if the Anti-Dive cylinder is activated by the brake fluid during a hard brake ( I'm only assume it is) and I'm getting the noise while not touching the break Could this be causing the noise?

What's in your left cubby, center dash storage.

Rattle

I recently changed my front tire. While removing the black side cover on the fender section I discovered the top tab of the rear fender was broken off with the fender and steel clip still on the black cover.
    I didn't hear any rattle, but I'm old and have "selective" hearing as the wife says.
    Waiting to find out if Honda will cover this, but that's another thread possibility. Good luck with your fix.

I am going to try Bobs idea.
    Now he has got me thinking.

Damn

Doug

No issue ....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post

Damn

Doug
    I emptied all storage, center and side.
    It was the first thing I did. But a good thought!!

KISS

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post

Damn

Doug
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained! The old fart philosophy.......KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid

Additionally there are more than enough wire connectors under the dash that one could be hitting something. When I changed my air filter and had the dash and surrounding panels off, the wiring, in general, was secured with clips and wire ties. Just another area to check if you're into the adventure of removing the dash

Attachment 15713DSC_0009.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    No issue ....
    Steve, just to confirm, you've tried running the F6B with the instrumentation cluster electricity disconnected and removed?

rattle

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Easy enough too try out! Simply remove the plastic tube cover and ride your bike for several days visiting those roads which caused the rattle. If the rattle is gone you have a easy fix
    I removed mine when I installed the front fork brace. Still have the rattle noise over hard bumps. But on the bright side, the bike handles much better with the fork brace. I just try to use the better part of my "lane", to avoid as many hard bumps as possible. I think its the springs, but can't be sure.