Anybody running these drop down floorboards? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody running these drop down floorboards?

Yes it is odd they will not sell only the drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    They do not work for passenger. The geometry does not allow the board to fold correctly. I love the driver boards.
    They do work, I have them as my passenger pegs. They do fold up, enough to "click", but they are at an odd angle but it doesn't cause a problem for me.

[QUOTE=willtill;91544]I am thinking of getting these (in black):

http://store.valueaccessories.net/Pr...F6BGL1800.aspx

Anyone running them?

Yes I have had them for 2k. No issues....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2013 F6B Motor Trike Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    They do work, I have them as my passenger pegs. They do fold up, enough to "click", but they are at an odd angle but it doesn't cause a problem for me.
    A pic would help people decide. Yes they will fold and click but they look unhealthy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I bought a set to hook up to my new Valkyrie, but sold it pretty fast.

Haven't attached them to the F6. I scrape my boot and oem peg now, and figured with the 3/4" drop I would scrape more. ??

I'll prolly hook up a 70 aspect tire when the oems wear out. That gives me more clearance with my Wing and should work well with the 6.

Here's a picture of the Kury Kinetic mini boards on the front and rear.

Kurt makes a "Comfort Drop Mount" which is available on their Premium Mini Floorboards (Item #7564 in black). I like the style of the Kinetic Minis vs the Premium but the Comfort Drop Mount was only available for the Premium style.

I wanted the Comfort Drop Mounts because they lower the mini floorboards a little more to help get your boot under the shifter. It's not quite enough but it helped.

They didn't sell the Comfort Drop Mounts as a separate part either. So, I had to buy the Premium Mini Floorboards with the comfort drop mounts, pirate the drop mounts to use with my Kinetic minis and then resold the unused Premium minis. What a pain!

I talked to the Kury reps at Americade in Lake George NY this past June and suggested that they make the Comfort Mount Drops available as a stand alone part. I'm not sure if they took the suggestion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice looking. But you can see the geometry of the rears will not allow them to fold flat. Can you snap a pic of them folded up for folks to see the end result?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Nice looking. But you can see the geometry of the rears will not allow them to fold flat. Can you snap a pic of them folded up for folks to see the end result?

Unfortunately, the bike is in the shop. May not have it back for another week or so. My girlfriend and I were rear ended at a stop sign on July 12th. Still haven't got the bike put back together. I'll try to remember to take a snapshot showing the rear mini boards folded up. I generally just ride with them down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Are these the drops sold separate?? http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/4788/splined-adapters the model 8807 says F6B and they look like they have a drop to them??
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Are these the drops sold separate?? http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/4788/splined-adapters the model 8807 says F6B and they look like they have a drop to them??
    Nope, that is not them. I have been on the phone with Kuryakyn and was told they don't sell just the drop down mounts without the mini-boards.
    Here is a little better pic of the drop down mount.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/