6 speed transmission - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 6 speed transmission

Not familiar with DCT. Is this aftermarket or a factory upgrade? Will research this. I'm used to 50+ year old technology.

Here is an interesting read on the Honda DCT:

http://world.honda.com/motorcycle-pi...ok/DCT/detail/

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Thanks for the info. I checked this out and my take is this is an option on some smaller bikes from the factory. Not adaptable in any way to an f6b. Don't want an auto trans-just want mine to shift smoother.(what about paddle shifters like f1. that would keep our fingers busy)(haha)

Just before reading this thread I was down on the lower 40, pulling some old stumps in first gear. That gear seemed just fine for that chore or maybe when I'm pulling a trailer full of hay, but when I'm plain riding first gear seems a bit low for me. Dang thing near jumps out from under me if I don't have a cow on the back. Maybe that's where the transmission needs some fixin.

Quote Originally Posted by boxer6 View Post
    Have you ever tested Honda double clutch transmission ? I think this is the only right answer to the gear issue in this kind of bike. I'm gonna update my 2013 F6B 32000 km in odometer to new one when DCT is available.
    Ditto. I tested the DCT when it came out in the NC700 and thought it was pretty nice. I am surprised that it hasn't showed up as an option for the Gold Wing platform. Like you, I would make the switch without a second thought. My VW GTI has the DCT(VW calls it DSG)and it shifts faster than what is humanly possible in any of the three modes. Contrary to what many people think, it is not a "slushbox" auto transmission, rather it's an electronically shifted manual trans. with a separate clutch lined up and ready to go for the next gear. If you let the electronics do the work it shifts real fast, if you use the "sport" mode, it holds each gear to a higher RPM then shifts really fast. In the manual mode, the operator can shift at whatever RPM you want just like a manual(which it is). On the VW the manual mode is shifted either with paddle shifters or using the "stick" in tiptronic mode. On the NC700 I rode, there was a "trigger" on the left grip to use in manual mode. The other two options operated like my VW.