Corbin Dual Touring Saddle - Review

Thread: Corbin Dual Touring Saddle - Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    fl1madmax

I'm With You Waiting for Ultimate !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Honda Raider View Post
    I'm putting an Ultimate on mine when they come out. However, the Corbin is a great looking seat, and many folks like it. I've had Ultimate, Corbin, and Mustang on three different bikes, and each was an improvement over stock.

I know it doesn't transfer to your situation directly, but I had a Corbin on a Kawasaki Versys that got me from Houston to Fort Worth and back with comfortable results. When I ordered it, I had them add about 1.5 inches to the height (I'm tall), and it didn't affect the firmness or ride ability IMO. If you decide to go Corbin, I'd bet you'll be happy after breaking it in. The Ultimate seats are about 30 - 60 days from hitting the market right now as of yesterday, according to their staff.

Best wishes!
    I've had 4 Ultimate Seats, and do many 600 mile days, with and without wife, were sold on Ultimate, just a 64 year old rider since I was 11........owned them all but BMW,and I know what I LIKE ! I'll wait for the BEST !

Quote Originally Posted by fl1madmax View Post
    I've had 4 Ultimate Seats, and do many 600 mile days, with and without wife, were sold on Ultimate, just a 64 year old rider since I was 11........owned them all but BMW,and I know what I LIKE ! I'll wait for the BEST !

The BEST is what your ass likes

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    The BEST is what your ass likes
    Yep.........
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Some people like tall windshields, some like short windshields, everyone has different comfort levels.

I have owned CORBIN seats since 1984.

Currently I own 2 CORBINS with Oval backrests and 1 ULTIMATE with the Ultimate backrest for the Hondas in my stable, No issues with either one.

Pictures of my Corbin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pics of My Corbin...

Here's my review after about 1400 miles:

I've owned Corbin before, on my VTX 1300R, so I knew what to expect. I knew it was firm. However, on my '05 Wing, I had a Hartco seat which was the most comfortable I've ever had, and I've tried em all.

I think it was Miles who said it: Corbin makes the best-looking seat, hands down. I think the comfort is something that is a matter of taste and I've already called Hartco to see when they'll be working on a seat for the F6B. It won't be until this winter. Booo.

Bottom line: I have a great looking seat which gets uncomfortable after about 100 miles and requires a stop. This winter I'll be replacing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had the same problem on a Corbin seat that I bought for my Concours 14. Called Corbin and told them the problem was that it was too hard and they said that you get one free rework if you don't like it. Sent it back to them and they reworked it to soften it up and they sent it back. Much better after they sent it back and the wife liked it better also. You might want to try it before you change it out. The seat looks good on your bike but if it doesn't match your rear then looks don't mean anything. Good luck with finding a seat that fits you.

Quote Originally Posted by timjoebob View Post
    However, on my '05 Wing, I had a Hartco seat which was the most comfortable I've ever had, and I've tried em all.

I think it was Miles who said it: Corbin makes the best-looking seat, hands down. I think the comfort is something that is a matter of taste and I've already called Hartco to see when they'll be working on a seat for the F6B. It won't be until this winter.

TimJoeBob, you say, "you have tried them all"...then I have to ask, have you tried a Russell Day-Long Saddle ?????

And yes, I did say that Corbin makes the very best LOOKING seat, but the other half of that statement was that Russell Day-Long saddles are the most comfortable seats. Given the choice, I would choose comfort over looks every time.

If a so-called rider wants to unload their Harley out of the back of a trailer, and push it into the parking lot to show it in the bike show, then it would look better with a Corbin seat on it. But if a serious rider wants to go out and ride 1500 miles in a day, then they had better have a Russell Day-Long saddle on their bike.