XM radio?? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XM radio??

I had factory XM on my previous bike and current cars (too much lossy and dynamic compression).

The sound quality was no where near that of the iPOD/iTouch with quality lossless rips.

I've got SiriusXM on my bike with the new head end electronics I installed. It actually sounds quite good.IMG_20150801_202723_968_zpsbv0g9ffm.jpgIMG_20150801_202814_667_zpsjbeelxrd.jpgIMG_20150801_203431_849_zpsn6yuzibv.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

'efff the XM Radio.

It's not the radio that they first came out with. Was supposed to be commercial free. Now they have dipshit DJ's effing up practically every other song being played.

AND YOU'RE PAYING FOR IT????

Save your money and play your own tunes.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    'efff the XM Radio.

It's not the radio that they first came out with. Was supposed to be commercial free. Now they have dipshit DJ's effing up practically every other song being played.

AND YOU'RE PAYING FOR IT????

Save your money and play your own tunes.
    Actually, I have other things to do than download "my own tunes". I am one that likes my xm.

I now have SiriusXM, currently 32 gigs of music on a thumb drive ,and can Bluetooth stream both I Heart Radio and Pandora.

I'm still running all my music signal through the headset, including my amp and now the Sirius signal
    Guessing it isn't the cleanest for that reason.
    Perhaps some day I too will find the oem inputs to the amp and use them or go Jimmie s latest route with a separate head.
    Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Cool

I go the iPhone app as well, have XM and Pandora and is the sole source of music and news. Use in the work truck, car and scoot, can't see how it gets any easier than that, Just Sayin

I have a Stratus 7 in the left cubby with the attenna puck on the dash under the windshield in the middle.Great reception and sound.I hate payin for it but I really like all the choices and reception in the mountains here where radio sucks.Plus at home I can dock it in my shop and enjoy there too.

Like I've said before Sat. Radio is a thing of the past.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Like I've said before Sat. Radio is a thing of the past.
    Not sure why you find it necessary to keep expressing your opinion about how you don't care for satellite radio.

Once would have seemed to be more than sufficient.

Obviously some of us have differing opinions on the subject.

Pandora and I heart are great, as long as you have cell service and an unlimited data plan.

Oh, yeah that's right, you're paying for those services too by way of the cell contract. I know that I'm fortunate in that regards as the company I work for provides me with my smart phone and cell service /data plan. However, how many can say the same thing?

And if you want unlimited skipping ability and commercial free versions , you'll also have to be subscribed.
    CHa ching

Should I also point out that those services are dependent on a cell service and a proper phone signal with data?

Pandora and I heart are great, until they start buffering as you're going in and out of phone service.

I think I have maybe 200 gigabytes of music I can choose to put on my thumb drive. That music comes in many genres and styles. Yet as I listen to various channels on satellite , or Pandora, I hear music that I don't have or have not thought of. Plus, as some have pointed out, I live a pretty busy life. I am not retired. Taking the time to make a " play list" usually just consist of selecting shuffle all.