XXXHarley
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XXXHarley

XXXHarley

Well, I wanted to inform everyone that I have done it again. Sold the F6BD a few weeks ago and bought another Harley. I just could not get in tune with the Goldwing and all the plastic. Loved the engine power and handling once moving but found a buyer and let her find a more appreciative owner.
    I also found a 2009 Harley Road King Classic that only had 3800 miles on the clock and the owner just didn't have time to ride so it was a good move for him and me. Gotta say that the frame improvements Harley made to the 2009 and up touring bikes is a huge improvement and this bike handles as good as the F6B in the turns. Took a ride this weekend with my local Blue Knights chapter and we went up and over Roan Mountain in eastern Tennessee and the Harley was impressive. Also, it came standard with cruise control and this isa really nice feature when rolling down I-40.

Not sure if I will eventually decide to come back to a Goldwing F6B as it is an impressive bike but if I do I will have to change my name on this site to XXXHarley.

You folks are the best and I wish you all a safe and fun get together in Franklin, NC this fall.

Ride safe.

X

Attachment 15899

Nice looking bike

Have Fun, Be Safe

Quote Originally Posted by XHarley View Post
    Well, I wanted to inform everyone that I have done it again. Sold the F6BD a few weeks ago and bought another Harley. I just could not get in tune with the Goldwing and all the plastic. Loved the engine power and handling once moving but found a buyer and let her find a more appreciative owner.
    I also found a 2009 Harley Road King Classic that only had 3800 miles on the clock and the owner just didn't have time to ride so it was a good move for him and me. Gotta say that the frame improvements Harley made to the 2009 and up touring bikes is a huge improvement and this bike handles as good as the F6B in the turns. Took a ride this weekend with my local Blue Knights chapter and we went up and over Roan Mountain in eastern Tennessee and the Harley was impressive. Also, it came standard with cruise control and this isa really nice feature when rolling down I-40.

Not sure if I will eventually decide to come back to a Goldwing F6B as it is an impressive bike but if I do I will have to change my name on this site to XXXHarley.

You folks are the best and I wish you all a safe and fun get together in Franklin, NC this fall.

Ride safe.

X

Attachment 15899
    Good luck to you. Hope your 103 is a better motor than my last two were.Looks nice . I have a Harley repair kit I keep in the far corner of my F6B saddle bag if we cross paths..Its helped repair several of my Harley riding buddies bikes...........Keep the rubber side down.. I'm sure you are still welcome in Franklin on your Harley......Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Good luck to you. Hope your 103 is a better motor than my last two were.Looks nice . I have a Harley repair kit I keep in the far corner of my F6B saddle bag if we cross paths..Its helped repair several of my Harley riding buddies bikes...........Keep the rubber side down.. I'm sure you are still welcome in Franklin on your Harley......Dickie
    Dickie,
    Thanks and this is a TC96 motor with no mods except the Nightrider ViED's that I have ordered and will be welcomed as I have used them in the past and they enrich the AFR just enough (6-8%) to make these hot running air cooled motors run a little cooler.

Ride safe and if I have the time I may run down to Franklin to meet some of the F6B riders and to see if I can keep up on the Dragon.

X

Had an O9, they do handle really well. Enjoy your ride.
    ss^,
    Ken

Very nice, I had the last year of the old frame Road King Classic, I guess the 2008. Anyway, watch out for the cruise control, it got me into trouble more than once. I'd get up early on a Saturday to go for a short ride, get on the freeway set the cruise and start watching the scenery go by. Next thing I'd know I would be 250 miles from home thinking, dam promised my wife I'd mow the lawn today.

Congratulations...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Classy farewell...good luck. IIt's all about the number of wheels, not the marque!

Nice looking bike. I have a 2008 RK Clasic. Just returned from a 3,000 mile trip. No matter the bike...enjoy the ride.

Totally understand your decision as I have both an F6B and a 2011 Dyna Wide Glide…
    Love em both but the Harley is closer to my heart…
    Enjoy
    a1scoot