White or Amber LED Light Rings, SALE - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White or Amber LED Light Rings, SALE

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing_67 View Post
    Wow...

i want to debadge mine, once I can fine someone to make a custom one.
    You may want to contact Hambly, and see if he has time to make one for you.

I put the switchback led's from SoCal in the mirrors. They are super bright as well. Did have a bit of a hiccup with one of them staying steady amber, but pulling out and reseating the bulb has seems to fix that. At least for now...

Quote Originally Posted by BEIST View Post
    I could not be happier! Extremely bright! They even attract a lot of attention during the day.

Attachment 19691

I think it attracts more than you think.... there is some detail in that picture that is a little strange....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

[QUOTE=willtill;112756]I think it attracts more than you think.... there is some detail in that picture that is a little strange....

I'm not sure what confuses me more,,,,, maybe it is the scarf, isn't it a bit warm for a big scarf like that?

Couldn't resist, ordered a set in amber. Great conspicuity farkle!

Is it legal to run white side marker lights all the time or do you guys mount these with a switch ?

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Is it legal to run white side marker lights all the time or do you guys mount these with a switch ?
    Depends on DOT code. Most likely not. All of these LED rings that I have seen are wired in, so they come on as soon as the ignition key is turned on.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Depends on DOT code. Most likely not. All of these LED rings that I have seen are wired in, so they come on as soon as the ignition key is turned on.
    I think we are OK with white in Maryland http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland...ection-22-221/

§22-221.

(a) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than two side cowl or fender lamps that:

(1) Emit an amber or white light without glare; and

(2) Are located at or near the front of the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    I think we are OK with white in Maryland http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland...ection-22-221/

§22-221.

(a) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than two side cowl or fender lamps that:

(1) Emit an amber or white light without glare; and

(2) Are located at or near the front of the vehicle.
    That's good to know

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    That's good to know
    Not sure if I'm reading it wrong but does that mean if you have fog lights and switchback lights in the mirrors than you could not have the rings as that would be three?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Not sure if I'm reading it wrong but does that mean if you have fog lights and switchback lights in the mirrors than you could not have the rings as that would be three?
    I think that Maryland handles fog lights and auxiliary driving lights (DRLs ?) in another section:

http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland...ection-22-217/

§22-217.

(a) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed one spot lamp. Every lighted spot lamp shall be aimed and used, on approaching another vehicle, so that no part of the high-intensity portion of the beam will be directed to the left of the prolongation of the extreme left side of the vehicle or more than 100 feet ahead of the vehicle.

(b) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two fog lamps mounted on the front at a height of not more than 30 inches nor less than 12 inches above the level surface on which the vehicle stands, and so aimed that, when the vehicle is not loaded, none of the high-intensity portion of the light to the left of the center of the vehicle shall, at a distance of 25 feet ahead, project higher than a level of 4 inches below the level of the center of the lamp from which it comes. Lighted fog lamps meeting these requirements may be used with lower headlamp beams as specified in § 22-222(a)(2) of this subtitle.

(c) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two auxiliary driving lamps mounted on the front at a height of not more than 42 inches nor less than 16 inches above the level surface on which the vehicle stands. The provisions of § 22-222 of this subtitle apply to any combination of headlamps and auxiliary driving lamps.

BUT just to be safe, I may end up rewiring the LED rings to a switch just in case...