Best Pocket 9mm? - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Best Pocket 9mm?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F6bisnext View Post
    Don't forget to look at the SHield, which you can also get in .40. The shield 9mm can hold 2 more rounds that the Glock 43 and a better trigger. Whichever you choose, pick good quality defensive ammo. Corbon DPX, Hornady Critical Duty/Critical Defense are all great loads.
    Smith & Wesson MP Shield .40

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    In the interests of saving space, anyone recommend a jam proof, accurate, small frame 9MM semi for camping trips?
    That's a tall order, if you want jam proof, you'll need to consider a wheel gun.
    Accurate and small frame is going to be difficult, accuracy will have to come with plenty of practice.
    I've had a G26 for quite a few years without any malfunction, the G43 would save space if you want small and simple.

Good luck with your search, let us know what you decide on.

I wrenched my back w/ laughter!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Not a common size on our bikes, but I like the gear wrenches. Hard to justify just one though. And I don't know if a 9 mm would be my choice if I were to only have one.Attachment 16126
    I was wondering how long it would take. Well played, sir. Well played.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

GaTeach
    Ruger LC9

perfect

Sig sauer compact p250 9MM fits well in the cubby, and Smith & Wesson MP Shield .40 is a great carry. Bersa thunder .380 is a nice small frame to have.
    I have learned, that holsters are bulky and take up space. I opt to use Clip Draw to securely carry. http://clipdraw.com/
    paired with the Smith, It's like carrying nothing at all.

Sigs, Glocks, S&W

The name brands are putting out good reliable firearms. It still comes down to what fits your hand and conceal desires best, in my view. I also like the FNH pistols. The stippling is a bit aggressive, but they are also very solid firearms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    In the interests of saving space, anyone recommend a jam proof, accurate, small frame 9MM semi for camping trips? I just don't want to carry any full frame guns, I'm pretty maxed out space wise already and 38s are too light a load IMHO. I've got a CCW permit so no worries there. Thanks upfront.
    Your original post mentioned "Best Pocket 9mm". Maybe most of us would agree that the best concealed carry weapon is the one you have with you when you need it. In that regard, and since you mentioned pocket, my personal choice is a Sig P238. It's not a 9 but a .380 but with today's ammo, I sure wouldn't want to get shot with it. And, it's definitely small enough to fit in your pocket, even in a pocket holster. Also, it's amazingly accurate for such a small gun. If you really have to have a 9, of course you could go with the Sig P938.
    Ken (Hornblower)

+1 for Sig Sauer. Mine is a P230. Best carry piece is the one you have that you shoot well!! May take multiple trys to find it. Maybe you can try a friends before you purchase. just a thought

shooter
    +2 I have a 938 I carry sometimes. It's accurate and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by kellymch2001 View Post
    Ruger LC9

perfect
    +1

My wife and I have matching LC9's with lasers .....