Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
In the interests of saving space, anyone recommend a jam proof, accurate, small frame 9MM semi for camping trips? I just don't want to carry any full frame guns, I'm pretty maxed out space wise already and 38s are too light a load IMHO. I've got a CCW permit so no worries there. Thanks upfront.
I like my Shield .40 and the same gun is available as a 9 also. But it's a stretch to call the Shield or most of the guns mentioned here "pocket guns". I can carry the Shield comfortably inside the waistband (IWB) but not in the pocket. For pocket or IWB, depending on the clothing being worn, I really like my Sig P238. Yes, it's a .380, but a gun left at home or locked in a saddle bag does you no good. You're unarmed under those conditions. I prefer to be armed ALL the time. And all my carry guns have a Crimson Trace mounted on them. Incidentally, the Sig P238 has a very easy to rack slide which works well for those of us in their 70's who have to put up with arthritis in the hands. The low effort slide is why I've replaced my Kahr P380 with the Sig.