Quote Originally Posted by d-shark View Post
I wrote Bike MP3 with photos describing what was happening with the Luggage Rack. I asked if they offered their rack in a Flat version (no upward curvature at the rear of the rack) that I would be happy to purchase at full price as a replacement. Nicki (a service representative) responded in short order. Nicki was kind enough to remind me that their rack is rated for 6 pounds and not available in a flat version.

I think if you have soft luggage like a duffle bag this would probably not be an issue. I may send the rack back to Bike MP3 just so they can have a look and perhaps consider strengthening future units. I'm not upset with Bike MP3, there is no doubt I often loaded the unit up with at least 30 pounds of luggage.
What in the heck would you be loading on a bike rack for a trip that only weighs 6 pounds? That's just crazy to have it rated that low, what were they thinking, I mean most good size travel bags weigh almost that much without anything in them. Sounds like lets shop for something with a little more strength in it than a 6 pound rating.