Installing Kisan Headlight Modulators
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Installing Kisan Headlight Modulators

Installing Kisan Headlight Modulators

What to do on a rainy Saturday? Install something on the bike!

Getting ready to install a pair of Kisan Headlight modulators on my F6B. I do not understand what all the trepidation is/was; reportedly for trying to access the back of the high beams. Seems to be a snap... compared to my past Victory Vision

Here is the left side high beam bulb connection after removing the cubby....

Here is the right side high beam bulb connection after removing the panel over the cruise control module. The cruise control module (the big silver thing) still needs to be unbolted and moved out of the way; so I can get my hand in there... not hard to do:

These are the Kisan Modulators (....pardon the crappy pic; this Nikon Coolpix camera has a mind of it's own sometimes). You simply remove the bike's headlight bulb connector lead; plug the Kisan modulator unit onto the H7 bulb adapter; and then plug the bike's headlight bulb connector lead back onto the Kisan unit.

A slave cable connects both Kisan Modulators together (one of the Modulators is a master and the other one is a slave); so they modulate in unison. Also there is a ambient light sensor that you would route up from the master Kisan Modulator; to control the modulation (turns it off at dusk and dawn).

If you don't want these suckers to modulate during the day; you simply just turn the high beams off.

These should be standard safety equipment on all motorcycles. I run them on almost every motorcycle I have ever had or owned.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Yup, easy mod !!! and I agree!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

The mod is easy but if you have a larger/wider hand to get in there it is a bear.

Please be careful in deer country. Deer will freeze and stare at modulated head lamps. Just like people.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    The mod is easy but if you have a larger/wider hand to get in there it is a bear.
    Yup. Agree. But if you have long reach needle nose pliers (these are from Harbor Freight) it makes grabbing and reinstalling the headlamp leads like child's play...

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Please be careful in deer country. Deer will freeze and stare at modulated head lamps. Just like people.
    Yup. Noted. Deer are an omnipresent hazard up here in Maryland.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Yup. Agree. But if you have long reach needle nose pliers (these are from Harbor Freight) it makes grabbing and reinstalling the headlamp leads like child's play...

Now you tell me. The added benefit of these is travelling in the left lane cars do seem to pull to the middle lane when you come up behind them.

Yup. Noted. Deer are an omnipresent hazard up here in Maryland.

Now you tell me. The added benefit of these is travelling in the left lane cars do seem to pull to the middle lane when you come up behind them

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Now you tell me. The added benefit of these is travelling in the left lane cars do seem to pull to the middle lane when you come up behind them
    That is correct. It does happen. Which is a good thing.

Today I had two cagers pull over in front of me and stop; thinking I was a LEO. Cracks me up. There's no blue and red flashing lights; only modulating white lights.

I just look at them when I pass by...

These high beams are DEFINITELY more noticeable on the F6B; compared to other bikes I have had. I am especially conscious now to turn the modulation off when I am sitting at a red light; or stuck in traffic and I am behind a car.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post

Deer not moving.

And that's a bad thing?

Don't target fixate on them and it's all good?

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    That is correct. It does happen. Which is a good thing.

Today I had two cagers pull over in front of me and stop; thinking I was a LEO. Cracks me up. There's no blue and red flashing lights; only modulating white lights...

Yup they've done that to me to, one blonde stopped dead in the middle of a narrow country road thinking I was a motor cop. Right, a cop wearing a leather vest and black t shirt?
    ss^,
    Ken

For a fellow board member who was asking; this is where I mounted the Modulator's ambient light sensor:

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537