Installing Kisan Headlight Modulators - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Installing Kisan Headlight Modulators

Nice. I had them on my 07 ST1300A for a while. I took them off cause the ST had problems with the bulb wires. They definitely enhance one's visibility to others. I may add them to the 6.

It is funny reading on other boards about the modulators. Naysayers get almost as heated on the topic as Darkside threads.
    2015 Honda F6B Deluxe
    2007 Honda ST1300A (176K miles)
    2003 Honda VTX1800C (80K miles)
    Waaaay to many MX bikes to list.

Quote Originally Posted by gregj View Post
    Nice. I had them on my 07 ST1300A for a while. I took them off cause the ST had problems with the bulb wires. They definitely enhance one's visibility to others. I may add them to the 6.

It is funny reading on other boards about the modulators. Naysayers get almost as heated on the topic as Darkside threads.
    That is so true. It is amazing to hear/read disapproving opinions of them. Everything that has been said of them causing adverse issues has never been experienced by me. And I have been running modulators for quite a few years now. Some of the opinions:

1, They cause traffic to fixate on you and you risk being hit (never has happened)
    2. They are illegal in other states (legal in all 50 states)
    3. They cause road rage (have not experienced that with them)
    4. They're misinterpreted often as giving way to other traffic (far few instances of having someone fail to yield to me; that happens more often when I am not using them)
    5. They'll burn out your light bulbs faster (haven't seen evidence of that)

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    I am still waffling on getting the headlight modulators. Mostly because I am worried about target fixation by people coming from the other direction. I've seen the same kind of thing with emergency lighting on police cars, and it's a concern.

Thoughts anyone?
    If they target you.... then they see you. I have people take a double take to avoid me from intersections and sometimes ones coming at you slow or pull over a little thinking you are an emergency vehicle, but all that is about 1% of the time. Usually you are ignored after they notice you. Except for the haters who also apparently noticed you.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    That is so true. It is amazing to hear/read disapproving opinions of them. Everything that has been said of them causing adverse issues has never been experienced by me. And I have been running modulators for quite a few years now. Some of the opinions:

1, They cause traffic to fixate on you and you risk being hit (never has happened)
    2. They are illegal in other states (legal in all 50 states)
    3. They cause road rage (have not experienced that with them)
    4. They're misinterpreted often as giving way to other traffic (far few instances of having someone fail to yield to me; that happens more often when I am not using them)
    5. They'll burn out your light bulbs faster (haven't seen evidence of that)

I'm really only concerned about #1. I've found myself fixating on bikes heading my way with modulators. And i've seen too many cop cars get rear ended when strobes first came out, because people (especially the elderly) would fixate on them. Look at where you want to go, and you will go there...

I'll probably end up getting them, but will probably also put in the in-line cut-off switch like one poster did in this thread:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...adlight-debate

just placed the order, which I should have just done to begin with!

I never found traffic fixating on them, if anything the total opposite. I had noticed a big difference in people NOT turning right on red in front of me. It was noticeable they would inch forward like they were going to, noticed the lights then stopped.

I did have a lot of people move out of the left lane when I pulled up.
    2015 Honda F6B Deluxe
    2007 Honda ST1300A (176K miles)
    2003 Honda VTX1800C (80K miles)
    Waaaay to many MX bikes to list.

Received the Kisan modulator for the LEDs this afternoon, and installed them. I placed the sensor just above the left cubby. I had to do a little filing underneath that part to make room for the washer & nut, but I don't think it looks too bad.

The modulators really look to me like they are turning the LEDs completely on and off. I called Kisan just to make sure I received the correct version for the LEDS, and was told that I had.

http://vid988.photobucket.com/albums...psuj9zqf1k.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    Received the Kisan modulator for the LEDs this afternoon, and installed them. I placed the sensor just above the left cubby. I had to do a little filing underneath that part to make room for the washer & nut, but I don't think it looks too bad.

The modulators really look to me like they are turning the LEDs completely on and off. I called Kisan just to make sure I received the correct version for the LEDS, and was told that I had.

As long as that spot has an uninterrupted view of the sky; it's a good spot.

I guarantee you; that you will now enjoy a more favorable riding experience in vehicular traffic.

You will see.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    As long as that spot has an uninterrupted view of the sky; it's a good spot.

I guarantee you; that you will now enjoy a more favorable riding experience in vehicular traffic.

You will see.
    I had set it up in my garage and the headlights "modulated" until I placed my hand about 6" above the sensor, and then it stopped. Moving my hand away and it started again.

I'm sure that I am going to notice the difference, and could have used it yesterday on a ride I went on.

Now I am just worried about getting pulled over for flashing lights, because they really don't look like they are modulating.

Look at the video and tell me what you think...

They cannot cite you as long as they modulate simultaneously, per DOT.