Installing Kisan Headlight Modulators - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Installing Kisan Headlight Modulators

They look like they are flashing, not modulating. Or at least they look like that to me...

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    I had set it up in my garage and the headlights "modulated" until I placed my hand about 6" above the sensor, and then it stopped. Moving my hand away and it started again.

I'm sure that I am going to notice the difference, and could have used it yesterday on a ride I went on.

Now I am just worried about getting pulled over for flashing lights, because they really don't look like they are modulating.

Look at the video and tell me what you think...

http://vid988.photobucket.com/albums...psuj9zqf1k.mp4
    Carry the copy of the Federal Statute with you. You can pull it off of Kisan's website

Slow motion your video and then you will be able to tell for sure. My understanding is that you really cannot reduce the voltage (modulate) a LED but maybe Kisan's has found out how to do it. They wouldn't sell this if it did not conform to the Federal Statute regarding motorcycle headlight modulation

I have been pulled over twice in about 10 years, once by a Maryland State Trooper (whom called in the HQ and then gave me the ok) and once by a Howard County cop whom was a dick (even after I explained to him what they were) and ended up opening a complaint with Howard County police Internal Affairs.... They ripped the ticket up and expunged it from my records, and sent out a training circular to all of the cops in the county about the legality of Headlight Modulators on motorcycles.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I did that, and it looks like it goes all the way off.

http://vid988.photobucket.com/albums...psmxmx0rdn.mp4

I did that, and it looks like it goes all the way off.

http://vid988.photobucket.com/albums...psmxmx0rdn.mp4
    Yes... those are not modulating. I am surprised that they were depicted as such by Kisan. I have no personal experience with the LED device that they are marketing; only the incandescent one(s)...

The regular incandescent headlights modulate with no issue; and it is perceptible.

My take on this for you....

1. You can choose to run them; carry the statute with you. If pulled over, explain to the cop what they are and how they work. Show him/her the statute.

2. Take them off and get a refund from Kisan citing that they are not doing what they are supposed to be. If you paid for it with credit card; you will have no problem getting your money back (false representation of product).

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I think that I am going to leave them on, and worry about it later.

I have a copy of the statute with the instructions, as well as the bill of sale in my saddle bag. And I feel pretty safe explaining that I am relying on what the vendor sent me.

That should work well everywhere, except for Frederick City! lol

I think that I am going to leave them on, and worry about it later.

I have a copy of the statute with the instructions, as well as the bill of sale in my saddle bag. And I feel pretty safe explaining that I am relying on what the vendor sent me.

That should work well everywhere, except for Frederick City! lol

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I sent the video to Kisan, and they agreed that it doesn't look right. Why they couldn't have figured that out before marketing them is a bit beyond me.

Anyway, they are going to do some sort of software modification for the LED version, and send me a replacement sometime this week.

http://vid988.photobucket.com/albums...psvelxfiyv.mp4

I sent the video to Kisan, and they agreed that it doesn't look right. Why they couldn't have figured that out before marketing them is a bit behind me.

Anyway, they are going to do some sort of software modification for the LED version, and send me a replacement sometime this week.

Interesting. Please keep all of us posted with what they do.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I sent the video to Kisan, and they agreed that it doesn't look right. Why they couldn't have figured that out before marketing them is a bit beyond me.

So that might be the reason Kisan called me about my order and asked what kind of LED's I am using. When I told him he said he was going to send the non led one but then said he was going to look into it more after I told hime my buddy has been running the led version for awhile now. I guess I will find out tomorrow what they sent me.

Quote Originally Posted by TailGunner View Post
    So that might be the reason Kisan called me about my order and asked what kind of LED's I am using. When I told him he said he was going to send the non led one but then said he was going to look into it more after I told hime my buddy has been running the led version for awhile now. I guess I will find out tomorrow what they sent me.
    They had called me too, because not many people have LED headlights and that they were going to send me the correct version for the pathfinder lights. maybe the second set will work better. should know by monday afternoon when they arrive...