Installing Kisan Headlight Modulators - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Installing Kisan Headlight Modulators

Quote Originally Posted by TailGunner View Post
    Thanks Pilotguy. That confirms mine are fine. So was your first one just a defect?
    Kisan said the LED version needed a software change. IDK...

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    That's why I put my mine on the low beam with a manual cut-off switch. Hi-beams just too much for other drivers.
    I may end doing that. But I'm going to give it some time as is and see how it goes. I'm not really liking the idea of having to cut in to their control cable to install a switch, and then drill yet another hole in the dash area.

No mercy

Hi-beams just too much for other drivers, get used to it, thanks for saving me a spot on the road, what happened with "Share the road", misguided sympathy, but I respect your opinion regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    I may end doing that. But I'm going to give it some time as is and see how it goes. I'm not really liking the idea of having to cut in to their control cable to install a switch, and then drill yet another hole in the dash area.
    Hey Pilot. Thanks for sharing. This is great info. Just got my 2016 F6B 2 weeks ago and knew I wanted the modulator before I picked it up. I do want to switch to LEDs. Which ones are you using and where did you get them? Will any LED work with them or is there a specific LED bulb required? Thanks again.

Just a bit of info, for anyone with headlight modulators, be careful if you ride in Wisconsin, as they are illegal here. The law states "no flashing lights on the front allowed". I don't know if the police enforce the law, just passing on the info. You may want to check other states if your traveling cross country.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Just a bit of info, for anyone with headlight modulators, be careful if you ride in Wisconsin, as they are illegal here. The law states "no flashing lights on the front allowed". I don't know if the police enforce the law, just passing on the info. You may want to check other states if your traveling cross country.
    They ARE NOT illegal in Wisconsin. Someone is blowing smoke up your rear orifice.

Headlight Modulators do not "flash" they modulate.

It's up to you to educate your law enforcement if you're pulled over for them. The Federal government allows their use in all 50 states. This is a fully authorized motorcycle safety device; that's Federally allowed to use on all state, county, city, land local municipality public roads, and overrides any ordinances to the contrary.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    They ARE NOT illegal in Wisconsin. Someone is blowing smoke up your rear orifice.

Headlight Modulators do not "flash" they modulate.

It's up to you to educate your law enforcement if you're pulled over for them. The Federal government allows their use in all 50 states. This is a fully authorized motorcycle safety device; that's Federally allowed to use on all state, county, city, land local municipality public roads, and overrides any ordinances to the contrary.
    Headlight modulators are fine with me. I don't have them on any of my bikes, so I don't need to "educate" any law men about them. Just sayin, some lawmen can be "unfriendly".

Quote Originally Posted by J0k3r View Post
    Hey Pilot. Thanks for sharing. This is great info. Just got my 2016 F6B 2 weeks ago and knew I wanted the modulator before I picked it up. I do want to switch to LEDs. Which ones are you using and where did you get them? Will any LED work with them or is there a specific LED bulb required? Thanks again.
    i bought the pathfinder led headlights from SoCal.

i ended up not cutting the cable or installing a switch. i just let them run when the highbeams are on.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    i bought the led headlights from SoCal.

i ended up not cutting the cable or installing a switch. i just let them run when the highbeams are on.
    +1.
    I have the SoCal LEDs in Low & High.
    Installed the Kisan on the High Beams, per the directions.
    VERY nice piece o' gear.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

You can print this out and keep it on hand to L.E. if you get pulled over.

https://kisantech.com/mag/regulations